Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭yogibear77

Thats just wrong no. There is NO way Ed should be through:mad:

Looks like Leslie is going so ....not happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Poor Anton and Leslie , out before the dance off even started imo, pity it wasn't Ed they were up against :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Gutted for them. Only a matter of time before boring Daisy is gone anyway.

Poor Anton. Thought he was on the verge of tears! Lesley was a trooper. A real inspiration. She puts most of the others to shame with her spirit and work ethic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Totally gutted with that result. The novelty act is all well and good, but when better dancers start to get sent home, the joke gets pretty old. Ed's dance was terrible and he almost dropped his partner from a height, he should have gone home. Who on earth is voting for him? Was he not a very unpopular politician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Sad to see Lesley go. Would have loved to see her dance for another few weeks. She did so well and should be very proud of herself. I think Ed should have left instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

When is Blackpool week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Pi**Ed off that Ed got through.

He was decent enough during the first few weeks as the novelty act, but their novelty Paso last week got 16. And when he tried to dance 'properly' this week he got 18.

Oh sweet Jesus he is doing the cha-cha next week :eek:

When they announced he was safe, I did think though that he felt a bit embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Ed is through again? Christ almighty who is voting for him?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

This happens every year....I think the year pixie Lott (2 years ago?) was in it she went before some of the dodgier dancers. And she was fantastic

When is Blackpool week?

Saturday the 19th of November , 4 weeks to go:)

I think this is the first time i've been as disappointed for one of Anton's partners as opposed to just been sorry for Anton. She is a ready good dancer and deserved to get through, not based on age but actual ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

368100 wrote: »
    This happens every year....I think the year pixie Lott (2 years ago?) was in it she went before some of the dodgier dancers. And she was fantastic

Yeah, I had her picked to reach the final. Was very surprised by Pixie's elimination but I don't think people warmed to her for some reason. The audience seem to like 'the journey' of someone improving more and more and Pixie was great from practically the beginning. I liked Helen George last year (?) and was disappointed she didn't get further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

RosyLily wrote: »
    Yeah, I had her picked to reach the final. Was very surprised by Pixie's elimination but I don't think people warmed to her for some reason. The audience seem to like 'the journey' of someone improving more and more and Pixie was great from practically the beginning. I liked Helen George last year (?) and was disappointed she didn't get further.

Likeability is as important as the actual dancing which I shouldn't really agree with but it does affect who you want to stay in...I didn't really take to helen George at all....didn't think she was very genuine and put up a false front every week....maybe I'm being harsh on the girl, she was a good dancer but not likeable in my book.

I'm very disappointed to see Lesley go tonight. She wasn't the best dancer there but she improved her top line significantly in the dance off and I think if she was up against maybe Greg in the dance off she would have stayed. Stating the obvious but balls should have gone. But between Lesley and daisy, she was the weaker.

I've so much respect for her since seeing her do this, at 70 to be so fit, work so hard, dance so well and do it all with such a positive disposition, she's and absolute inspiration.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm struggling to think of any dance-off where an older person was picked to stay over a younger one.

Possibly Cherie Lunghi?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

368100 is quite right - likeability is just as important as dancing ability.

And, clearly, not enough of the UK public liked Lesley... whereas enough of them liked Ed. :rolleyes: ;)

Que sera sera.

And has Anton danced his last? One was asking that question last year, of course, after he finally made the final - and now one can't help but ask it again, especially with an open seat on the panel... :D;)

Guess it's time for our next look at the bookies' markets... :D;)

Paddy Power: Danny evens, Ore 5/2, Claudia 13/2, Louise 8/1, Greg 16/1, Daisy 20/1, Rinder 33/1, Laura 50/1, Anastacia 80/1, Ed 150/1
    Ladbrokes: Danny evens, Ore 11/4, Louise 7/1, Claudia 8/1, Rinder 20/1, Daisy 25/1, Greg 25/1, Laura 50/1, Ed 100/1, Anastacia 100/1
    William Hill: Danny 10/11, Ore 5/2, Louise 7/1, Claudia 9/1, Daisy 20/1, Greg 25/1, Rinder 33/1, Laura 50/1, Ed 66/1, Anastacia 100/1
    Coral: Danny 10/11, Ore 5/2, Louise 8/1, Claudia 9/1, Daisy 20/1, Greg 33/1, Rinder 33/1, Laura 66/1, Anastacia 100/1, Ed 100/1

Not the least bit surprised that Danny is now around evens, while Ore has moved into second. ;)

Claudia and Louise are still there or thereabouts - but even at this stage, one can't help but feel that the winning celeb this year will be male. (And I certainly don't mean that in a sexist way.)

The bookies clearly have differing views of Ed, meanwhile. I think I'd agree more with Paddy Power's odds than William Hill's... :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awwww.... not impressed to see Lesley go. Greg and (esp) Ed would have been far more suitable candidates based on Saturday night's performances.

But as others have said, it's not always all about the performance. Unfortunately.

Daisy looked genuinely shocked and upset to have been in the dance-off and then to have got through. As did Greg (about getting through). Ed..... I'm sure they're coached in what to say, but a bit of humility would have been nice.....

From the Indo Weekend magazine last Saturday. Spot the bias. :o :rolleyes: ;)

j67ofa.jpg

Really liked the opening dance this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Louise is good but I think she's lacking something. Her Charleston was grand, had all the steps but no fizz. I didn't think Harley and Joker were the characters for that dance either.

Love Judge Rinder. He's just so very likeable. Claudia and AJ danced great. Louise just lacks a bit of personality.

Never fussed with Louise. Really thrilled with Claudia this week. So much detail in their dance. Perfect.

Thats was a very laboured jive, pity cos I like anastasia

yogibear77 wrote: »
    Thats was a very laboured jive, pity cos I like anastasia

Is there a bit of tension between herself and Brendan? 44 WTF???

Think I read something a few weeks back, that they fight a lot. She is supposed to be very strong willed and answers back to brendan. Which he doesnt like

Should have kept her with the one from last week.

That charleston was fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I just wish claudia would get a 10. She's done a few dances that deserve it.
    Louise bores me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I like Ed (hides behind sofa waiting for backlash)

Advertisement