Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ed "pa pa pa'ing" all the way through :D:D

Ed dances camper than Judge Rinder! Will pickle Mr MAs wallnuts and eat them if he's in the bottom 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

What's up with tess tonight? Can't put my finger on it but she's a lot more talkative off script or something....can't decide if I like it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

What was wrong with daisy after the Dance

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I loved Greg's dance tonight, the passion and intensity was brilliant and he deserved a 10, overall dances were ok, nothing really stood out for me. Danny's dance could have been a perfect score if only he didn't make those mistakes. Next week I think he'll smash it out of the park :D

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    I loved Greg's dance tonight, the passion and intensity was brilliant and he deserved a 10, overall dances were ok, nothing really stood out for me. Danny's dance could have been a perfect score if only he didn't make those mistakes. Next week I think he'll smash it out of the park :D

It wasn't just Danny. Oti stumbled a couple of times too and ir was her choreography after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It wasn't just Danny. Oti stumbled a couple of times too and ir was her choreography after all!

I agree but I still think he deserved a higher mark. Ed made me laugh the whole dance and he was actually good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I was really disappointed in most of the dances tonight. I thought Louise's Charleston was fairly average. It seems to me that's all her dances are done at a much slower pace than the other contestants so although the footwork may be good, the overall dance isn't. Its the same every week and the judges never mention it. Danny's foxtrot could have been great, but he made a couple of glaring errors and didn't deserve such a high score. I hated Ore's Charleston, the costumes and props were so overwhelming, it made the dance difficult to watch. Again, a couple of big errors and he's still getting 9's? It's so obvious that the judges have their favourites and they're over scoring.

I enjoyed Claudia's American smooth, Judge Rinder did well, Laura and Daisy were good, but they're just so dull and forgettable. Anastasia and Ed were terrible. I actually enjoyed Greg's rhumba but I can see why the judges thought there wasn't enough rhumba content.

Once again, the Halloween special is actually my least favourite week. The costumes, make up, props and music are just so overwhelming and frantic, they ruin the dances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Wasn't Laura brilliant! I hope this has boosted her confidence.
    There were a lot of mistakes in so many of the performances. I just don't like Louise's performances at all. She seems to be missing a spark of energy or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Laura was great, I liked Anastasia as well. Louise was terrible, them costumes didn't work and neither did the dance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The costumes,make up etc was way over the top tonight.Less is more.Hope Ed Balls wins it just to get up the nose of Mr Revel Hor(rid)wood.

Call me Al wrote: »
    Wasn't Laura brilliant! I hope this has boosted her confidence.

Thought she was in pain going up the stairs. I hope she doesn't end up in the danceoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Anyone fed up of all the messing with props this year? Sometimes they just need to get on with some actual dancing!! Overall the quality has gone down this week. Best performances for me were Claudia and AJ, and Rinder and Oksana:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Thought she was in pain going up the stairs. I hope she doesn't end up in the danceoff.

Yes you could see her wince as she went up the stairs. She was wearing low healed shoes also. Her ankle hasn't completely healed yet so fair play to her so doing the Tango so well. It definitely deserved to be top of the leaderboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I hate to say it but I feel like Strictly is losing its mojo this year. Is always been the highlight of my TV year but this year is just alright, I'm watching because I've always watched but feeling none of the fizz. I'm not sure what's missing but something definitely is.

Claudia was by far the best last night. I think the Cliftons are getting a lot more praise than is due to them this year, both Ore and Louise are leaving me a bit cold.

I really like Greg. I thought Craig was really unfair last night in his criticism of Natalie. Don't all the pros create routines so their celeb will shine, to excite the audience and to cover up what the celeb can't do? Isn't that what Kevin and Louise do every single week? Why tear into Natalie like that? It's like the judges had decided he should go this week and were pretty much telling the audience "pick this guy, you're being fooled if you think he's good".

I'm not enjoying it as much this year. Switched over as soon as I heard who was in the dance off. Poor old Brendan same standard of partner every year. He must be so sick of it. I'd say Daisy will def go next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I only watched this years series last night due to the cool Halloween costumes! Bit slow getting into this years series though. Some really good acts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Could someone please summarise tonight's elimination for me? (Use spoiler tags if you want)

Missed the programme and realistically won't have time to watch it before I head away on Tuesday.

Going to miss most of the rest of the series as a result of being away - am conflicted about should I record it or not.... will I realistically watch back five full shows and results shows???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I only half watched it so don't know who was eliminated. Think it was Brendan and his partner was the last two in the elimination process I could be wrong. I can't recall if it was the couple in the red outfits or the couple who danced to candy song that have been voted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I hate to say it but I feel like Strictly is losing its mojo this year. Is always been the highlight of my TV year but this year is just alright, I'm watching because I've always watched but feeling none of the fizz.

My Mam said the very same thing earlier. Something is lacking this year and can't put my finger on what it is.

Claudia and Greg would be my favourites. I'd love to see either of them win.

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Could someone please summarise tonight's elimination for me? (Use spoiler tags if you want)

Missed the programme and realistically won't have time to watch it before I head away on Tuesday.

Going to miss most of the rest of the series as a result of being away - am conflicted about should I record it or not.... will I realistically watch back five full shows and results shows???

Anastacia didn't get the desired kicks and flicks for a jive, so Daisy's very good Paso saw her through. As for Ed Balls, words fail me. His dancing is camper than a row of tents, flat footed, laboured, cloddy but he still is there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The choice of music is awful. That's the main problem, that and too many ridiculous "themes"
    The ironic thing is that the standard of pro in the series this year is fantastic. It feels like an opportunity missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Heroditas wrote: »
    The choice of music is awful. That's the main problem, that and too many ridiculous "themes"
    The ironic thing is that the standard of pro in the series this year is fantastic. It feels like an opportunity missed.

Yes that's one thing that is wrong! The music choice is absolutely dreadful this year. There used to be much more variation in music and each dance had it's own style of music and character but now everything is the same. Paso's, quickstep, tango's, cha cha's, even charlestons are all much the same in vibe and music. Old world glamour and the whole intense passion of the paso and tango have been completely dropped.

Also they're making caricatures out of some contestants, like Judge Rinder, a really good dancer but plays the exact same predictable role to some cringeworthy silly little ditty every week. It's just got old. Why was he dressed as a butterfly for a Halloween paso ?? Claudia and AJ get some sort of High School musical type song every week too, though AJ is doing great with it in fairness.

I think there was a lot more artistry when the pro's picked their own music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I'm pretty late to the whole strictly thing! This is only my third year watching but I'm glad after finding this thread that it's not just me that really doesn't like certain dancers! I'm not a fan of Louise at all she's so overrated and also While Kevin is an amazing dancer I don't really like him personality wise and I thought the same last year with Kellie Bright. Glad to see the back of Anastasia she wasn't really anywhere as good as anyone else. Hopefully Ed will be gone next week. I really rate a lot of the celebrities this year and like that there isn't a huge division in scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Been watching Strictly since Series 1. This year I've recorded it each week and zoom through it. I've hardly watched any dance fully. If someone comments on a dance in this thread I'll have a look. Same with the results show. It's completely lost its appeal for me. All gimmicks at the expense of the dance IMO. Last night was a case in point, the production, make up and outfits seemed designed to take attention away from the dances.

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting grumpy but those flippin' segments before each dance with the fake rubbish between each couple make me want to break my TV, Tess is completely frying my brain and I can't even be bothered to watch ITT anymore and I used to love that show.

I remember the days when each couple were announced before the dance, they took their place on the floor and just got on with it. It seems to have taken a turn for the worse when it started to copy the Dancing with the Stars way of production.

This series I really don't have a favourite. If pushed I'd say Danny and Oti. They both seem the most genuine out of all the couple's.

Anyway rant over....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

It's funny you mention the segments filmed of the couple before each dance... my two kids are usually glued to it. They howled laughing (don't ask me why!) at Anton who was in Laura's sketch.
    While I adored the make up on this week's show I hate the gimmicks they use every week. But yet again my kids love them. It's all part of the act in their eyes i think.

Once Ed goes, it's anyones to win. They are all good, but no great personalities. As it's the public who will vote the eventual winner, it's all down to how popular the finalists are with viewers, no matter the quality of the dances.

Looking forward to the first Argentine Tango of the series!

anon71 wrote: »
    Been watching Strictly since Series 1. This year I've recorded it each week and zoom through it. I've hardly watched any dance fully. If someone comments on a dance in this thread I'll have a look. Same with the results show. It's completely lost its appeal for me. All gimmicks at the expense of the dance IMO. Last night was a case in point, the production, make up and outfits seemed designed to take attention away from the dances.

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting grumpy but those flippin' segments before each dance with the fake rubbish between each couple make me want to break my TV, Tess is completely frying my brain and I can't even be bothered to watch ITT anymore and I used to love that show.

I remember the days when each couple were announced before the dance, they took their place on the floor and just got on with it. It seems to have taken a turn for the worse when it started to copy the Dancing with the Stars way of production.

This series I really don't have a favourite. If pushed I'd say Danny and Oti. They both seem the most genuine out of all the couple's.

Anyway rant over....

It takes two hasn't been the same since Claudia left it. But I still prefer Zoe to that awful Tess.

Call me Al wrote: »
    It's funny you mention the segments filmed of the couple before each dance... my two kids are usually glued to it. They howled laughing (don't ask me why!) at Anton who was in Laura's sketch.
    While I adored the make up on this week's show I hate the gimmicks they use every week. But yet again my kids love them. It's all part of the act in their eyes i think.

I think the fact that it's pantomime humour that gets on my wick. I've never been a fan of that type of humour.
    I always loved the dancing but the fakery of those segments add nothing to the show for me. I hate the 20 odd seconds of faffing around before they get going with the dance. Tess has to be the unfunniest person going especially when compared to Claudia who is naturally funny I think.

I know its Saturday night entertainment which has always been a huge thing in Britain but it's rapidly loosing its appeal for me anyway.....

Or maybe like I said I'm just a grump...

• Advertisement

It takes two hasn't been the same since Claudia left it. But I still prefer Zoe to that awful Tess.

I'd much prefer if Zoe and Claudia presented the main programme.
    This sounds really bitchy but the "eh up, trouble at t'mill" accent from Tess is like nails on a blackboard to me. And I've heard her speak on other shows and when she's giving out the results and it's nowhere near as pronounced.

I'm going now to find a quiet corner and have a good old sulk for myself.... I'm honestly not normally this cranky...

Advertisement