Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Anastacia is up next for the dance floor.

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/766536812902752256

Who will the celebs be dancing with. Find out on September 3rd

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154216318006072&id=8864516071

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

So we have two BBC Breakfast presenters this year (although Ore doesn't present it full-time like Naga). ;)

Can't say I'm surprised - after all, BBC Breakfast personalities are hugely popular and do tend to do very well on Strictly. ;)

So there's certainly a chance that the aforementioned Steph McGovern could take part in a later series - or, indeed, sports presenter Sally Nugent.

Sally-Nugent.jpg

Am I the only one here who watches BBC Breakfast, BTW? Seriously, if you can get the Beeb where you are, you should watch it: despite the best efforts of Mark, Sinead, Alan, Anna and Aidan, it beats their show hands down. :o:o;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Am I the only one here who watches BBC Breakfast, BTW?

Yes.

I have no idea who any of those people are.

Monife wrote: »
    Yes.

I have no idea who any of those people are.

Then I guess you wouldn't know who Bill Turnbull is? ;)

MEN_Bill-turbullJPG.png

• Advertisement

Am I the only one here who watches BBC Breakfast, BTW? Seriously, if you can get the Beeb where you are, you should watch it: despite the best efforts of Mark, Sinead, Alan, Anna and Aidan, it beats their show hands down. :o:o;);)

I listen to the radio in the morning. If I had the telly on I would be tempted to sit a watch it and if I am not out the door by 7.40, traffic adds an extra 20/30 mins to my commute.

The Beeb breakfast presenters are very well like on SCD, that's how we ended up with Chris Hollins as the champ. Thankfully those that followed him weren't as bad.

I listen to the radio in the morning. If I had the telly on I would be tempted to sit a watch it and if I am not out the door by 7.40, traffic adds an extra 20/30 mins to my commute.

Fair enough. :o:);)

The Beeb breakfast presenters are very well like on SCD, that's how we ended up with Chris Hollins as the champ. Thankfully those that followed him weren't as bad.

Well, even I can't disagree that Ricky Whittle should have won that year. ;)

And even though Susanna Reid was a better dancer than Chris, the majority of neutrals were happy when Abbey Clancy pipped her at the post. ;)

Anastacia is up next for the dance floor.

https://twitter.com/bbcstrictly/status/766536812902752256

Whoa, whoa, whoa - an American celebrity. :eek: :eek: :eek:

There have been several Australian celebs (including Jason Donovan and Holly Valance), a New Zealand celeb (Pamela Stephenson), a Danish celeb (Peter Schmeichel, in 2006) and even a Swiss celeb (Martina Hingis, who suffered the misfortune of being first out in 2009).

But the American celebs don't appear to be too interested in Strictly, despite appearing on almost every other British reality and talent show. The reasons why are probably the same reasons why British celebs don't show much interest in Dancing with the Stars (with the notable exception of Katherine Jenkins). :o;)

By my reckoning, Anastacia is just the second American to take part on SCD - the first being Michelle Williams, the third and least-known member of Destiny's Child, in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^
    Yeah I think you are correct about the number of American celebs that have been on the show.

Dancing with the Stars has had a whopping 22 series so I suppose that has the capacity to cater for any American celeb who fancies taking to the dance floor!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sassenach

As long as Anastacia doesn't attempt to sing so far a good enough line up

• Advertisement

I'm surprised at the lack of American stars who have taken part. Is Jerry Hall British or American? All female Americans as well.

I'm surprised at the lack of American stars who have taken part. Is Jerry Hall British or American? All female Americans as well.

Ah, of course - Mrs Murdoch is Texan. ;)

She was on in 2012, but was eliminated second.

So Anastacia is in fact the third American to take part on Strictly. Still a very low number, though... ;)

It's an Olympic year so the sports star is Olympic gymnast Claudia Fragapane.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/d92b513a-6971-4562-84eb-e68d7968367e

Thanks for the updates Meauldsegosha :)

This will be good!

Last three celebs revealed - an Olympian, an EastEnder and a bird with a feather. :pac:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/bb588bd2-8138-431c-a8f2-c2cf2033d940

Really good line up this year. Can't wait to see them in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yayy, two more I've heard of!

When is the first show?

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Yayy, two more I've heard of!

When is the first show?

There is a show on 3rd September to pair them up. Live shows will probably stared the end of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sassenach

Really looking good forward to this series now. Hope the pairings are done well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Is it bad that I automatically want Will Young to win without even seeing him dance?

I love Will Young :o

Is it bad that I automatically want Will Young to win without even seeing him dance?

Same here. I've be a fan of his since his ain't no sunshine audition on Pop Idol. I went to see him in Cabaret a few years ago, he was outstanding. He could have two left feet and I would still want him to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Same as!
    I think the line up is the best ever this year.
    Can't wait for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ah, there's no way he'll have two left feet - the guy is so multi talented. I think he'll do well this year (fingers crossed!)

What a shame we can't vote from Ireland...he'd have lots of support from this thread anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

surely the gymnast will take to this like a duck to water
    winner winner chicken dinner I reckon

mailburner wrote: »

Louis Smith won it in 2012. I didn't like him but he seemed to have a natural flair for dancing.

mailburner wrote: »

She may not automatically be good at expressing her emotions or at acting when playing a particular role in a dance.

He may not automatically be good at expressing his emotions or at acting when playing a particular role in a dance.

am sure she will be

Louis Smith won it in 2012. I didn't like him but he seemed to have a natural flair for dancing.

maybe asking a lot for her to be that good but if she's even close she'll win it

• Advertisement

Well, our first look at the bookies' outright markets reveals that Claudia is indeed the early favourite... :D;)

Paddy Power: Claudia 7/2, Danny 5/1, Will 11/2, Laura 8/1, Louise 10/1, Daisy 10/1, Greg 10/1, Ore 12/1, bar 20/1
    Ladbrokes: Claudia 3/1, Will 4/1, Danny 5/1, Laura 8/1, Daisy 8/1, Louise 8/1, Ore 12/1, bar 16/1
    William Hill: Claudia 7/2, Will 4/1, Danny 6/1, Laura 8/1, Louise 8/1, Daisy 9/1, Ore 12/1, bar 14/1
    Coral: Claudia 7/2, Will 9/2, Louise 7/1, Danny 15/2, Laura 9/1, Daisy 11/1, Ore 12/1, bar 16/1

The bookies clearly have differing opinions of Greg, as Coral makes him 16/1, William Hill puts him at 20/1 and Ladbrokes is offering as much as 25/1. They have differing opinions of Judge Rinder, too - his odds ranging from 14/1 with William Hill to 25/1 with the 'brokes. :D

And I think we can safely say that Lesley and Ed will be the novelty acts this year - they're no better than 40/1 and 66/1 respectively, and Coral is offering 100/1 on both. Lesley, comfortably the oldest celeb this year, says she would be over the moon if she made it to Blackpool - well, you'll have to dance your heart out then, love. :D;)

Advertisement