Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Enjoyed that dance :) 9's from me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Fab!! But my God that song was terrible! Is it me or are AJ and Claudia getting a raw deal with songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Not mad about her dress

honeybear wrote: »
    Not mad about her dress

I prefer the colours black and red for the paso

Aj needs some blusher - thought it was Halloween night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Standard tonight was miles better than Halloween. Will be interesting to see who'll end up in the DO. Daisy vs Laura showdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ed had his best dance tonight but I really hope he is in the dance-off. It'll be a shame if he makes it through this week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I thought the AT was very safe. 39 was a huge overmark. Afterwards, I rewatched Jason Donovan and Kristina Rihanoff's AT and it still blew me away.

I know Ed isn't the best dancer, but I did like that choreography.

Daisy to go: just lacking in the personality department.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Anton and his partner are expecting twins!! Thrilled for them :)

I totally thought he was gay.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

He's just been private with his private life. They've been dating 6 years and been through IVF. Wouldnt it be cute if they were a little boy and girl, a cute dancing partnership in the making. As long as they are born healthy , it doesnt matter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I thought last night was a definitely improvement on last week, there was SOME of that old Strictly magic back.

Unfortunately Danny, Ore , Daisy and Laura did absolutely nothing for me. I think the latter three were only ok dances but I know Danny was technically brilliant, yet it left me cold.
    Found Laura's dance quite poor. Gio flouncing around in parts while she did very little wasn't a wise move.

Claudia, Louise, Rinder, Ed and Greg made the evening for me.
    Anyone notice how Ed was the only one asked about Blackpool? I think producers know they possibly need him there this year as everything else has been a bit lack lustre this year.

So I'm thinking Daisy and Laura for the dance off with Daisy to go?
    I think that song for Daisy was a "get your coat" song, if someone is disliked by the public how would the sight of them dancing around to a ditty of the same name improve their chances? I think she was set up for the boot tonight.

Thinking Ore or Daisy to go tonight. She's gone as far as she can and Ore peaked too early in the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I thought Laura looked a tad uncomfortable in that dance.

Giovanni did too much in that.....Laura's steps were very basic compared to his

The samba is the hardest dance for the celebs to master. This is reflected statistically as no couple as ever been awarded 40, and only two couples have achieved 39.

Very, very rarely do the celebs manage to pull-off the samba bounce in any decent manner. I suppose at least Giovanni got Laura to do some basic steps at the start of the dance. He kind of took over then. In a similar kind of way a few weeks ago with AJ & Claudia's samba, the dance was frenetic and sure there was loads of content, but very little basic fundamental samba steps.

Trying to do the basic samba steps with the bounce motion makes you feel really awkward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

https://youtu.be/HExzK_CgRqU

I know this is from last week but only thinking to post it now......

Regardless of what you think of the dancing....the singers and orchestra are so so good....they really made that performance something

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

That opening was very charming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

Probably been asked a million times before. But why do they pretend like the Sat and Sun nights are filmed on two different nights? It's the worst kept secret in TV. If you want to really find out who left, it can easily be done. The other week Tameka was on Sunday Brunch and she had to answer so many questions, in the awkwardness of having been voted out the night before, but had to pretend it was all happening that evening.

Is it to do with competing with X Factor or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

It takes two isn't filmed every day either.

Ed made it through... Boo!!!!!

• Advertisement

I really like both Laura and Ore so I don't know who I want to go home. Should have been Ed and Daisy

Autosport wrote: »
    I really like both Laura and Ore so I don't know who I want to go home. Should have been Ed and Daisy

Was sure it'd be Ed and Daisy in the DO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

It takes two isn't filmed every day either.

It takes two is a side show. A bit different to them lying about one of the main shows.

It's a shame we can't vote over here, I'd be voting for Danny every week :D

Laura did a really good samba in the DO.

Ed has been bottom of the leaderboard in 5 out of the 7 weeks so far. Ridiculous that he is still in the competition.

Autosport wrote: »
    It's a shame we can't vote over here, I'd be voting for Danny every week :D

Danny is great, but I'm enjoying watching the others improve each week.

HS3 wrote: »
    Probably been asked a million times before. But why do they pretend like the Sat and Sun nights are filmed on two different nights? It's the worst kept secret in TV. If you want to really find out who left, it can easily be done. The other week Tameka was on Sunday Brunch and she had to answer so many questions, in the awkwardness of having been voted out the night before, but had to pretend it was all happening that evening.

Is it to do with competing with X Factor or something?

They save money by splitting it over two nights and they get Sunday as a reprieve. Also I dont think they are deceiving people any more, especially after the final dance , the camera cuts straight to clips of the other contestants giving their opinions on the final result which definitely makes it look prerecorded.
    Poor Laura. Others deserve to be gone ahead of her .

Sometimes they say "live from London" with ITT and others they don't. It's hard to imagine they get Ian and Karen to come in on 2 consecutive days. I presume it's just a clothing change...

I don't know why they persist with the pretense for the main show though. Everyone knows and no one cares.

Genealogy Forum Mod

On a related topic , Laura has managed to dash from Elstree studios and has flown to Rotherdam to host the mtv awards, multitasker😀

• Advertisement

On a related topic , Laura has managed to dash from Elstree studios and has flown to Rotherdam to host the mtv awards, multitasker😀

Quick flight ;)

Advertisement