Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

RosyLily wrote: »
    Louise is growing in confidence every week. Lovely to see! Wonder if this will be Kevin's year....

I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Woah, that gangnam dance was something else. Loved Ore and Joanne's again, they're lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I hope not

Same! I'm hoping Claudia and AJ win it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

RosyLily wrote: »
    Same! I'm hoping Claudia and AJ win it.:)

Now that Will's fecked off and left me bereft, I'm right behind Danny now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I like Robert, Claudia, and Danny tonight. And Ed is up there too !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wow anyone notice Danny's reaction to Oti after the vote? She went to kiss him and hug him in excitement Ave he behaved like he was swatting away a bee!
    Very uncomfortable to watch, he actually looked panicked in his efforts to get her off him.

Missed that. Do you think he was too hot and didn't Oti holding on to him?

I see someone mentioned it on twitter all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

He said something about her helping him through a difficult week, I thought he said something about his father, but I didn't really hear. They normally look like they have great chemistry so maybe something is a bit off. They're dance was incredible.

I like Greg and Natalie and Rinder Oksana, thought they were both under marked in comparison to the others. At the risk of sounding like a broken down record, i think Louise was over marked again! They really want her in the final.

I think oti is always all over Danny. I'd be swatting her away, stop clinging to me love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

That AT should have been 40.

I didn't take to Oti last year for the brief time she was in but I have to say this year she's amazing. That spin with her leg up over danny's shoulder....wow

• Advertisement

I just read somewhere else that his dad had a heart attack and needed a bypass during the week so he dedicated the dance to him. He looked like he was about to cry, I'd say he thought a hug from Oti would just set him off so that's why he was a bit stand offish. That dance though! Just rewatched it and it gets better each time. What does he have to do to get four 10's!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ncmc wrote: »
    I just read somewhere else that his dad had a heart attack and needed a bypass during the week so he dedicated the dance to him. He looked like he was about to cry, I'd say he thought a hug from Oti would just set him off so that's why he was a bit stand offish. That dance though! Just rewatched it and it gets better each time. What does he have to do to get four 10's!

That makes sense, hopefully his dad will be ok. It looked like quite an extreme reaction to her hugs. It was a brilliant dance! Particularly considering the song really didn't lend itself to AT.

There's definitely something funny going on with the marking, Ore and Louise are consistently overmarked.

I thought Craigs comments to Judge Rinder were so unkind and inappropriate , "you're face is improving I can finally bare to look at it". Just, below the belt and irrelevant to a dance critique. I really liked his dance.

I loved Greg's paso! He was fantastic and the routine actually having a paso style and music made it even more dramatic and effective. Natalie is a genius choreographer.

Liked Claudia as always but it had less wow factor. I hope the gymnastics won't take up too much time and rob her of her chance here as I love watching her!

I think Daisy to follow a path of petals home this week. It would be awful if anyone went in front of her now, she is the weakest link.

Daisy is just so dull, I can never remember any of her dances. Which is an awful thing to say as she seems like a nice person. I still think she deserves her place in Blackpool more than Ed though. But if Ed goes this week, the rest of the series is going to be pretty bland. Bar Danny, there's no one I really look forward to seeing. They're a slightly vanilla bunch this year (although a very high standard of dancing) At least you look forward to watching Ed... for all the wrong reasons!!!

Agree about Craig's comments to Rinder, totally inappropriate and rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just caught up this morning. Loved Danny and Ed's dances for different reasons.
    Obviously Ed doesn't have the technique but you can't fault him for effort and enthusiasm. I didn't think Danny and Oti were too aggressive, I thought it was pitched perfectly for the music and choreography.

Daisy, Ore and Claudia bored me this week.

Really not looking forward to ed balls doing the rumba!
    Hope he makes it to Blackpool though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Just finished watching last night's show, just in time for the results show!!

Loved Danny & Oti's AT, and the 'tango' version of I Heard it Through the Grapevine worked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

That was a lovely opening dance! Welled up seeing the actual couple on the floor.:o Not a fan of Tess' outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Didn't get to see any of last nights show so I hope Ed is in the dance off

That was beautiful ❤️

Love Brendan when he dances ballroom:) I think Daisy is going.

• Advertisement

Wow. Natalie changed pretty damn quick from that brilliant interval dance with Brendan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

This is hard dance off for me to call, but I think it'll be Daisy to go.

I like Greg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I still can't warm to Kevin and Louise. They're just too saccharin sweet or something. I think she's usually vastly overmarked every week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

How does Ed Balls keep getting through? Christ.

I am glad to see Daisy go ahead if Greg, she's been in the bottom two three times, the public obviously haven't warmed to her. I thought both couples really did brilliantly in the DO, it was a shame one of them had to go.

Really looking forward to the dances next week, a Charleston from Danny and Jive from Claudia, my two favourite dances from my two favourite dancers! Should be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I think Greg improved his Paso in the DO and I'm glad they chose him go stay. I actually really like their Paso... great choreography from Natalie and the music was great.

Poor Daisy, for whatever reason the 'great' British public don't seem to like her. Daisy & Aljaz were a bit unlucky this week I think because the music they had for their salsa was a bit strange, and it must have been hard for Aljaz to come up with the routine. It was all a bit 'stop-starty' and not very fluid.

In the end though it's all a bit of a joke anyway because Ed is still in it. 6 weeks out of 8 I think now he's been bottom of the leaderboard. I do wonder how much public votes he gets each week. Like is he barely getting enough each week to avoid the DO, or is he topping the leaderboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

How does Ed Balls keep getting through? Christ.

Because the clowns keep voting for him. Don't underestimate the stupidity of Joe Public :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭Heroditas

ncmc wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a broken down record, i think Louise was over marked again! They really want her in the final.

Kevin is always over marked. Len will never have a bad word said against him. Don't get me wrong, Kevin is an excellent dancer but Len is incredibly biased towards him. It's all about Kevin, not Louise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Because the clowns keep voting for him. Don't underestimate the stupidity of Joe Public :mad:

Hence why Craig only said "OMG" when asked to comment tonight. The more the judges slate him, the more people vote for him. It's happened in the past. People are more likely to stop voting for him if the judges say as little as possible.

Advertisement