Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Wow. Natalie changed pretty damn quick from that brilliant interval dance with Brendan!

I can't tell from your tone, but you realise that the order it's shown is not the order it's filmed?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I would love to know the timeline of how the show is shot, it must be a seriously long evening for the dancers if it's all shot in one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Starts at like half 6 ish right? Or 6.15 whatever. Then you got the dances, interspersed with commentary and little features, then the vote. The vote presumably must be the interval. Then the second part, big dance with the professional dancers, voting off time, a smaller dance with the guest of the week with more features and stuff, then the dance off. Can't take that long.

Well I'm presuming the professional group dance and the guest spot must be shot earlier in the day so save multiple costume changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Can't take that long.

Seen a clip on it takes two last year and the dancers arrive around 7am in the morning. There are rehearsals with the celebs then the group dances during these rehearsals the cameras, lights and props are all mapped out. Judges arrive about lunch time, then there is a dress rehearsal, any changes to the costumes can be made then. Audience arrives about 4pm and the group dances are shot. Then its on to the main show, guest performance, voting and dance off. They finish up between 10.30pm and 11pm.

• Advertisement

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I can't tell from your tone, but you realise that the order it's shown is not the order it's filmed?

Yep. I'm being totes sarcastic! Wish they'd finish the charade and have the results on the night.

On the subject of Ed Balls, he's the only one left , in fact, I think he was the only one in this series, who had NO dance or showbiz experience to start with. As a dancer, he may be dire, but he IS entertaining. We all laugh at others Daddy dancing, but he's brought it to a new level. Last nights effort was tiring just watching! Fair play to him! People have said he should quit. He can't, seeing as Will Young did. It'd make the series a week short and that can't happen.

Yep. I'm being totes sarcastic! Wish they'd finish the charade and have the results on the night.

On the subject of Ed Balls, he's the only one left , in fact, I think he was the only one in this series, who had NO dance or showbiz experience to start with. As a dancer, he may be dire, but he IS entertaining. We all laugh at others Daddy dancing, but he's brought it to a new level. Last nights effort was tiring just watching! Fair play to him! People have said he should quit. He can't, seeing as Will Young did. It'd make the series a week short and that can't happen.

Greg has no dance or showbiz experience either.

Greg has no dance or showbiz experience either.

He is an athlete and Judge Rinder is a bit fitness fanatic. Both disciplines gives them an advantage over Ed. Actually, those 3 are much easier to take to than Danny Mac, Louise or Ore. I especially love Judge Rinder thanking Oksana after every dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Ed is very entertaining and his dances are always funny. I think Len sumned it up well when he talked about the anticipation of what Ed was going to do when he came out.
    I know he's not a natural dancer but he puts his all (albeit quite an uncoordinated all) in to the performance.
    He won't win the glitterball, but I hope he stays for a while to come. Once he's in the bottom two he's gone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

He is an athlete and Judge Rinder is a bit fitness fanatic. Both disciplines gives them an advantage over Ed.

Yeah but Ed is a politician though. Which means he is used to performing in front of large crowds and bullsh***ing his way through things to survive. That's quite an advantage as well.

• Advertisement

I have to admit I'm enjoying Ed's performances and I thought he pulled off one particular lift very well in the Gangnam Style routine this week.

He's far from the worst "worst dancer" the show's ever had and much less annoying than people like Ann Widdicomb, Nancy Del Olio, and any of Anton's other partners.

Louise and Ore are overmarked every week. I think the panel has a massive love affair with the Clifton siblings, possibly because they are home-grown? Which is not to say Louise and Ore are bad, they're good but a bit bland.

Genealogy Forum Mod

He is an athlete and Judge Rinder is a bit fitness fanatic. Both disciplines gives them an advantage over Ed. Actually, those 3 are much easier to take to than Danny Mac, Louise or Ore. I especially love Judge Rinder thanking Oksana after every dance.
    That might be a slight advantage in that they are physically fit and would be able for the physical exertion/lifts etc, but it really is only a tiny advantage. I consider myself very fit, but I have two left feet and absolutely no rhythm! I don’t think my fitness would get me past the first week of Strictly. I would consider Greg, Rinder and Ed to be coming from a similar level of experience.

But as PinkyPinky said, Ed isn’t actually that bad. I think they make him look worse by giving him madcap routines. In some of the ballroom dances, his footwork has actually been pretty good. He’s nowhere near as bad as some of the duds from previous series. I see calls on the Strictly FB page for him to quit like John Sargent which is just ridiculous, he’s nowhere near the level that poor John was at.

ncmc wrote: »
    That might be a slight advantage in that they are physically fit and would be able for the physical exertion/lifts etc, but it really is only a tiny advantage. I consider myself very fit, but I have two left feet and absolutely no rhythm! I don’t think my fitness would get me past the first week of Strictly. I would consider Greg, Rinder and Ed to be coming from a similar level of experience.

But as PinkyPinky said, Ed isn’t actually that bad. I think they make him look worse by giving him madcap routines. In some of the ballroom dances, his footwork has actually been pretty good. He’s nowhere near as bad as some of the duds from previous series. I see calls on the Strictly FB page for him to quit like John Sargent which is just ridiculous, he’s nowhere near the level that poor John was at.

He can't quit. The show would be a week too short if he did a WY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

How are the dance off and results done in the same night? How would that give enough time for the public to vote?

Monife wrote: »
    How are the dance off and results done in the same night? How would that give enough time for the public to vote?

The voting is only open for approx 60 minutes. It's mentioned at the end of the show and is shown on screen with the leaderboard. It says something like "voting will close at xx.xxpm".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I think Ed is putting 500% into his training and performance. I usually hate the novelty contestants and resent their presence but I feel differently about Ed. He's not doing the usual old shtick of "look how bad I am, I'm so bad its funny, look at all my hilarious mistakes ", instead he puts on a hell of a show, gives his all and his routines are quite accomplished I think. His judges scores always reflect how he isn't hitting the mark with the exacting standards of pro dancing, there's nothing unfair about his presence in my opinion at this point.
    Also his Pro is amazing! She's done so much more with him than anyone else would have. I can't wait to see her with someone good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Louise and Ore are overmarked every week. I think the panel has a massive love affair with the Clifton siblings, possibly because they are home-grown? Which is not to say Louise and Ore are bad, they're good but a bit bland.

Len is best mates with Kevin and Joanne's parents. The family are a UK dancing dynasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

The voting is only open for approx 60 minutes. It's mentioned at the end of the show and is shown on screen with the leaderboard. It says something like "voting will close at xx.xxpm".

Ah I see, I never listen to the voting, just fast forward all that sh*te.

Isn't the show already a week short anyway since Will Young quit?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Isn't the show already a week short anyway since Will Young quit?

No it's still on the same number of weeks but they will just have two in the final show rather then three.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

No it's still on the same number of weeks but they will just have two in the final show rather then three.

So we'll know who will finish second and who will finish third, then. ;)

I've always thought that making the two losing celebs in the final show "joint runners-up" by not revealing how much of the public vote they've received is rather silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Still up watching clips of the professional dances in Blackpool. Can't wait for Saturday :)

She must have felt that they didn't get enough publicity 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Blackpool here we come :)

I just can't warm to Claudia

Only looking forward to Rinder and Ed tonight which is unusual for me.

I think Peter Kay should be a permanent feature with Claudia. He's hilarious.

Autosport wrote: »
    I just can't warm to Claudia

Me too. Although she is only 16 and not a big celeb just a sports person so I give her credit for taking this on!

• Advertisement

Peter was a howl :D

Advertisement