Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Neil Jones has been in nearly every dance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Don't like singing on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Poor from Judge

Unusual for Len to be more negative than Craig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Latin not really Rinder's thing but he can definitely shake his hips!! Not a fan of the singing...kinda screechy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I don't like Tess's dress.

Good score

Autosport wrote: »
    I don't like Tess's dress.

I said it the last few weeks , why can't she get a dress with two straps. They look daft on her.

I think Claudia might be in the dance off.

I think Claudia might be in the dance off.

Greg might be aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I didn't like Claudia's dance, maybe because we've seen such good jives this season, but I felt it lacked a bit of jive content and her kicks were very weak.

Thought Ore was fantastic, Louise was meh, the concept was good, but it lacked the footwork I would have expected in a paso.

Danny - wow, just wow. He could be a professional. Actually, when he came out with the professionals in the opening dance, he really held his own. It will be a travesty if he doesn't win. My husband even thought Oti was the celebrity this week!

I really liked Greg's quickstep, thought the comments were a bit harsh. Thought Ed did really well. The jive isn't an easy dance for a man his age and weight. I enjoyed it. I have to say I really didn't like Judge Rinders dance. Didn't like anything about it, the costumes, the cheoreography, the music, it was just all a flat note for me this week and I thought his timing was all off. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in the dance off.

Ed and Judge in the DO with Ed to go hopefully!

On catch-up. Loved Louise's paso. I hate the paso but the staging of this was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Goodness, that Charleston! Magnificent it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

honeybear wrote: »
    On catch-up. Loved Louise's paso. I hate the paso but the staging of this was brilliant

I love the paso.....my favourite after Argentine tango.....I'm doing a strictly next week and have paso stuff at the start of it, can't wait :-)

368100 wrote: »
    I love the paso.....my favourite after Argentine tango.....I'm doing a strictly next week and have paso stuff at the start of it, can't wait :-)

The paso (and AT) are not my favourites but I really enjoyed Danny and Louise's Paso this series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Agree with whoever said Tess' dress looked awful on her, it really does. Why can't she pick either a strapless dress or one with 2 straps, the off the shoulder look doesn't suit her at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Delighted Danny's Charleston got the first 40 of the series. Well deserved, hard to distinguish Danny from the professionals.

Liked Ore, Ed, Judge Rinder and Greg.

Didn't like Louise's Paso. The dance and music seemed disconnected, overmarked imo.

Like other posters, I can't warm to Claudia and there don't like any of her dances.

Monife wrote: »
    Agree with whoever said Tess' dress looked awful on her, it really does. Why can't she pick either a strapless dress or one with 2 straps, the off the shoulder look doesn't suit her at all!

What bugs me about her dresses (I'm not a fashionista!) is her lack of creativity - she has been wearing the same dresses since Strictly started. At least Claudia deviates from the norm.

Going to back Ed to make the final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Mmm I found it a bit of a mixed bag last night.

I thought the staging of some dances was WAY too busy.
    Claudia got completely lost amidst the flashing lights and extra dancers, it was hard to actually spot where she was at times.
    I love her btw! I'm shocked anyone doesn't.

Ore again did nothing for me, I think it's Joanne's choreography that's putting me off. Why that endless, dull fleckle when there was an enormous floor to cover?
    I thought that dance was beautifully staged for them, perfect background and story, a continuous dance covering the floor would've been stunning but they stayed in a very small space for the whole thing and it was so stoppy starty

Louise's Paso was also just very "oh ok" for me. It was good but I felt nothing.

I really enjoyed Greg's dance,except for the silly sitting down bit that I bet they were forced to do. I thought the comments were unfair

Judge Rinder was "good".

I thought Ed was quite good! His kicks in parts were very sharp and he did a good job at keeping in time with the extra dancers and gave some parts great welly!

Danny, what can I say? It was excellent! I recognised some of Ote's moves from Sophie Elis Baxter's charleston with Brendan Cole. I wasn't a bit surprised to see Ote's first stop on arriving in the scoring area was to give Brendan a big hug!

I think Greg and Judge Rinder in the dance off with poor Greg getting the chop.
    I'll be traumatised, love Greg!

I think Claudia will be in the dance off. Rinder was good. I don't know I think there was too much going on in some of the dances (I suppose that's because of the big space) and sometimes the cameras moved too quickly for me to see the footwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I wish they'd get rid of judge rinder and his stupid facial expressions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I didn't realise until watching tonight's opening number that Claudia & Louise are the only ladies left in the competition - it just never registered with me!

Also what a fun opening dance. :D

Claudia I find is a forgettable dancer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Monife wrote: »

She's two straps tonight but looks like cut in at an angle or something. Weird fringing on the skirt though, kinda makes it look tacky imo.

Aw poor Claudia! Not the best jive but she's talented. Hope she's kept in.

Ed Balls's odds keep getting shorter. Could it happen?:eek:

I was right ! Yeah as Len said she needs to put more personality in to her dance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Aw I loved Simple Minds and Don't you forget about me but Jim Kerr is ruining my teenage memories with this performance. :(

Claudia v Greg. This will be a close one!

• Advertisement

Claudia v Greg. This will be a close one!

For me I prefer Greg but Claudia is a great dancer

Advertisement