Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I don't know the band but it definitely didn't sound like the voice in song we hear on the radio. They must have been much younger when it was released.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Autosport wrote: »
    For me I prefer Greg but Claudia is a great dancer

Imo Claudia is the better dancer but Greg was better last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I don't know the band but it definitely didn't sound like the voice in song we hear on the radio. They must have been much younger when it was released.

It was released over 30 Years ago, so Jim was a wee bit younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Hope Greg stays.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She's too short to dance, time to go home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Nooooooooo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

She looks very unnatural dancing. I can't take to her.

Sorry to see Greg go but Claudia deserved to stay. Hopefully Ed will go next week, the joke is getting stale at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Awwwww nooooo!! Gutted for Greg. I thought he was most improved. He looked devastated.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I wonder is this Natalie's last year on Strictly? She has been very emotional this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Some of the singers/bands have been awful this year. It seems like the BBC are scraping the bottom of the barrel for guests.

Siobh73 wrote: »
    I wonder is this Natalie's last year on Strictly? She has been very emotional this year

She seemed to genuinely get on very well with Greg. She might have been so emotional this year a lot because she's probably very happy to have a decent dancer for the first time in ages....

She's a got a raw deal in the last few years:
    Ainsley Harriott (Series 13)
    Tim Wonnacott (12)
    Injured (11)
    Michael Vaughan (10)
    Audley Harrison (9)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Actually I think this was her problem last night. Her legs looked really short and she couldn't manage to get the proper kicks and retractions in her jive. I think it was very apparent last night that her height left her at a disadvantage. It's less obvious in ballroom.

Sorry to see Greg go, he has improved so much since the start, he was so stiff to begin with. He seems like a nice guy too and Natalie is lovely. AJ comes across a bit smug and full of himself. I think he danced far better in the DO than Claudia, but I think on balance, she has been the better dancer.

ncmc wrote: »
    Actually I think this was her problem last night. Her legs looked really short and she couldn't manage to get the proper kicks and retractions in her jive. I think it was very apparent last night that her height left her at a disadvantage. It's less obvious in ballroom.

Yep totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Christ almighty, neither of those two deserved to go. Ed Balls did, its a disgrace.

Christ almighty, neither of those two deserved to go. Ed Balls did, its a disgrace.

Here here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Poor guy, at least he had Neil and Aliaz with him.

Ed Balls is the most entertaining. It IS an entertainment show as much as a dance show. Ed is also the one that has learned the most. Danny Mac and Louise are seasoned dancers.
    Last night, Claudia froze at the start of her dance and that is most likely why she was in the Dance Off.
    Love Judge Rinder, but think he'll go next week.

kitten_k wrote: »

Poor guy, that sounds horrible.
    He lost two teeth :(
    I have an innate fear of teeth getting knocked out, I think I'd prefer to break an arm or a leg than to lose a tooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

She seemed to genuinely get on very well with Greg. She might have been so emotional this year a lot because she's probably very happy to have a decent dancer for the first time in ages....

She's a got a raw deal in the last few years:
    Ainsley Harriott (Series 13)
    Tim Wonnacott (12)
    Injured (11)
    Michael Vaughan (10)
    Audley Harrison (9)

It's interesting looking at her partners, I wonder how they select the partners for the celebrities. If you look at someone like Kevin Clifton, he has had really strong partners since day 1. Then someone like Brendan Cole has had dud partners the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'm not sure I would say that Claudia is "too short to dance". :o:o

Granted, she's tiny (only 4' 7"), and some of the dances she has done so far are probably better suited to taller people.

But to say that she's too short to dance full stop? That's a general statement - and slightly mean, too. Sorry, BorneTobyWilde. :o:o

For all we know, Warwick Davis (just 3' 6") could be a pretty decent dancer. It's probably not likely that he'll take part in Strictly, though. :o:);)

article-2430021-19377524000005DC-787_306x437.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I haven't contributed to the thread so far this year as due to circumstances I'm only catching up with it all. Love reading everyone's comments!

I would hate for Danny and Oti to win. Oti is glorious but I still think she tends to over dance, and Danny has no personality at all. There just is no story there. He arrived brilliant, and he'll leave brilliant but he leaves me cold.

Judge Rinder is my favourite out of who is left, but is an unlikely winner. I would prefer Ore or Louise to lift the trophy over Danny.

I don't think Ed is all that entertaining, but I have to admit that his partner has at least still choreographed moves for him rather than dancing around him. It is boring now though. He should go!

I love Claudia and AJ's fresh-faced enthusiasm, but I think his youth has probably prevented him from bringing her on a little more.

I was gutted that Greg left…what a fine looking young man!

I love Judge Rinder, especially the way he thanks Oksana. He is so sweet and like an overgrown puppy in his excitement.

ncmc wrote: »
    It's interesting looking at her partners, I wonder how they select the partners for the celebrities. If you look at someone like Kevin Clifton, he has had really strong partners since day 1. Then someone like Brendan Cole has had dud partners the last couple of years.

The selection process is something that does annoy me because it's definitely not random!

And as you said, Kevin Clifton gets preferential treatment... Susanna Reid, Frankie Bridge, Kellie Bright... it can't be just luck that he is paired with these celebs who have all turned out to be great dancers! Maybe it's karma that he keeps getting second place overall :p

Wow emotional Natalie on it takes two. Giving Ore a run for his money!

All quiet on the western front... :o:D;)

Here's another look at the bookies' markets ahead of this weekend's shows. (I would have posted them earlier had Paddy Power not been slow to open theirs up again following Greg's elimination, for whatever reason...)

Paddy Power: Danny 10/11, Louise 2/1, Ed 7/1, Ore 10/1, Claudia 10/1, Rinder 20/1
    Ladbrokes: Danny 10/11, Louise 9/4, Ed 8/1, Ore 12/1, Claudia 12/1, Rinder 20/1
    William Hill: Danny 10/11, Louise 9/4, Ed 7/1, Ore 10/1, Claudia 12/1, Rinder 20/1
    Coral: Danny 10/11, Louise 9/4, Ed 9/1, Ore 11/1, Claudia 14/1, Rinder 22/1

Yes, despite getting the lowest score in seven of the nine weeks thus far, Ed is now third-favourite at under 10/1. :eek: :eek: :D:D

Two weeks ago he was around 33/1 - and two weeks before that he was as much as 150/1. :D

It's probably not very likely that he'll overtake Mr Mac and Mrs Redknapp, though. And once he's in the DO, that'll surely be curtains... :D

I don't see Louise winning this somehow. Ed has more of a shot.

I don't see Louise winning this somehow. Ed has more of a shot.

Well, if they were in the DO together... :D;)

• Advertisement

Are the Cliftons the only "old" dancers left in?

Advertisement