Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

It was time for Ed to go. Up to last week I'd have said he was at least improving week on week, but the last 2 weeks he was really, really poor.
    Really enjoyed the shows this weekend, with the exception of Ellie Goulding's performance - between the seals clapping and their loud cheering drowning out the music, and the male dancer (Kevin?) flailing around the place like a lad after being kicked out of a nightclub at 3am, it was a bit of a fiasco!
    Hope to see Claudia getting her first 10(s) next week - in my opinion she deserved higher scores for last night's dance, it was incredible.
    Danny is an amazing dancer but he has all the character of a wet rag. Louise is more likable but only marginally more interesting... I'd actually love to see Claudia pull it out of the bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Thank God for that!
    Enjoyed this week but Kevin and Karen's dance was one of the worst I've seen. What on earth were they thinking?

Rinder is my favourite personality but he will clearly go next. I'm going to have to go for Ore as my favourite to win. Danny has no personality, Louise is having an easy ride and Claudia seems to believe she deserves it and her frustration is showing through. AJ's choreography is lacking though and I don't think she realises that.

Ore and Joanne have been a great pairing so I'm hopeful that they can pull something out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭Heroditas

They really need to cut Karen loose. She adds absolutely nothing, bar being Kevin's wife. She's an extremely average dancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I missed tonight's show, who was in the dance off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Autosport wrote: »
    I missed tonight's show, who was in the dance off?

Judge Rinder and Ed Balls. Ed was sent home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Judge Tinder and Ed Balls were in the dance off.

I hope Danny or Louise wins. I did like Ore in the first few weeks but I've gone off him, perhaps it's because I'm not a Joanne fan or maybe it was all the tears & disbelief at getting high scores. Danny seems to be stretching himself more than Ore in recent weeks.

Judge Tinder and Ed Balls were in the dance off.

I hope Danny or Louise wins. I did like Ore in the first few weeks but I've gone off him, perhaps it's because I'm not a Joanne fan or maybe it was all the tears & disbelief at getting high scores. Danny seems to be stretching himself more than Ore in recent weeks.

Neither Danny nor Louise deserve to win. No charisma. Totally over marked and painfully boring. Ore to win! He has natural ability and class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Neither Danny nor Louise deserve to win. No charisma. Totally over marked and painfully boring. Ore to win! He has natural ability and class.

What!!! Whatever about Danny having charisma or not, you can't argue that he's a superb dancer and a worthy winner. Louise has been over marked consistently, but Danny deserves those scores. I find Ore a bit fake and insincere, though I think he is an excellent dancer.

Also he's never danced before. Danny and Louise are trained dancers and have a huge advantage in that regard. Louise also benefits from being overmarked because she's dancing with Kevin.

Funny, my wife was saying earlier how she had hoped at the beginning of the series that she hoped Will Young would be partnered with Katya because she was hoping to see her dance a lot. Turns out Katya stayed in the series longer by ending up with Ed. Funny how things can work out...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Unbelievable Jeff!

• Advertisement

Previously Jay was the best ever "celebrity" to appear on Strictly. Danny is on another level altogether and Oti is a great match for him. Brilliant dancer but I'd prefer if he didn't win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heroditas wrote: »
    Previously Jay was the best ever "celebrity" to appear on Strictly. Danny is on another level altogether and Oti is a great match for him. Brilliant dancer but I'd prefer if he didn't win

Never really took to Jay (apart from that stunning jive)

honeybear wrote: »
    Never really took to Jay (apart from that stunning jive)

And the rumba

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Previously Jay was the best ever "celebrity" to appear on Strictly.

Have to disagree. Abbey Clancy, Simon Webbe, Kellie Bright, Louis Smith, Harry Judge, Rachel Stevens, Ricky Whittle all better dancers then Jay.

Ore has no charisma. I find him very bland.

Have to disagree. Abbey Clancy, Simon Webbe, Kellie Bright, Louis Smith, Harry Judge, Rachel Stevens, Ricky Whittle all better dancers then Jay.

Ricky maybe, the others no.
    Abbey was criminally over marked and weak at Latin.
    Louis and Harry were good but didn't have some of the natural movement that Jay had.
    All good dancers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Ricky maybe, the others no.
    Abbey was criminally over marked and weak at Latin.
    Louis and Harry were good but didn't have some of the natural movement that Jay had.
    All good dancers though!

If I remember correctly, Lisa Snowdon scored very highly in the final but public vote let her down. Must say that I was an Abby fan - loved her attitude. Danny def is the most complete dancer ever - he is faultless. Think I am rooting for Claudia atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Bit of a late comer to this thread but I've enjoyed catching up. From the start I've always liked Ore but I do find the tears etc a bit wearing. I cannot warm to Danny at all. The fact he is a showman and has experience puts me right off. The samba was amazing but he did not deserve the 40 the week before. He was completely out of time for the first few seconds of the Charleston. Louise is okay but not winner material. Claudia isn't natural for me. Danny will probably win unfortunately but I'm hoping for a Tom Chambers style coup for Ore!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Call me old fashioned but I want the best dancer to win.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I want the person who's improved from the start of the season to now to win, not the person who has had years of experience prior to Strictly.

This is why I'd love to see Ore win over Danny.

It's all about the Strictly Journey.

• Advertisement

What is Danny's experience? Did he work in stage musicals? You could argue Claudia has an advantage with her gymnastics background, I imagine she doesn't have to work on her core strength :)

I'm not bothered about someone having a journey. I remember the year Abbey Clancy won I thought Natalie (I think she was in Coronation St) deserved to win, she had been consistent from the very start so didn't have the journey...which I think damaged her in the public vote.

Does anyone support a couple based on the professional rather than the celebrity?

What is Danny's experience? Did he work in stage musicals? You could argue Claudia has an advantage with her gymnastics background, I imagine she doesn't have to work on her core strength :)

I'm not bothered about someone having a journey. I remember the year Abbey Clancy won I thought Natalie (I think she was in Coronation St) deserved to win, she had been consistent from the very start so didn't have the journey...which I think damaged her in the public vote.

Does anyone support a couple based on the professional rather than the celebrity?

Yep Danny has worked in stage musicals. He trained at the Arts Educational Schools in London. He was in Wicked for 2 years.
    Regarding the pro rather than the celebrity, oh definitely yes! The good thing is that all the pros remaining are incredibly likeable bar Oxana who has zero personality.

Yes I would be rooting for whoever was dancing with Brendan or Natalie. They are my favourite pro dancers.

For me the journey is important. That is why I so liked Ed. Though, I think he had reached his peak and it was right he went this weekend.
    The older contestants like Lesley and a few years back Pamela Stephenson, were both inspirational ladies.
    It is a joy to watch the professionals at work. All very good dancers and very easy on the eye!
    On It Takes Two, I love Vicky Gill and the make up sections. Those dresses are just AM A ZING, Darlings.

I think Ed went at the right time, he didn't overstay his welcome and the judges hadn't turned on him for taking a spot from a better dancer. While he was at the bottom of the leader board most weeks he was more watchable than the other poor dancers from previous series (e.g. John Sergeant)

The only professional I'm not a fan of is Joanne, it's irrational but I get a teacher's pet vibe off her.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

I haven't really warmed to any of the celebities this year, but would love to see Oti win so am rooting for Danny for that reason. She has come up with some very original choreography whereas the Cliftons are just so boring and AJ has struggled to find a level that compliments Claudia.

I also thought Katya did a magnificent job with Ed's routines!

I think Ed went at the right time, he didn't overstay his welcome and the judges hadn't turned on him for taking a spot from a better dancer. While he was at the bottom of the leader board most weeks he was more watchable than the other poor dancers from previous series (e.g. John Sergeant)

The only professional I'm not a fan of is Joanne, it's irrational but I get a teacher's pet vibe off her.

Kevin Clifton is getting on my wick a bit. I was glad to see the back of the Jordans and Kristina.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I'm with you on that. I just love to watch good dancing and because Oti has a competent partner in Danny she can choreograph great routines. With a lesser dancer she wouldn't be able to do that. Yes, there's a place for the improvers and the comedy acts on the show too, but I don't want them to win.

Kevin Clifton is getting on my wick a bit. I was glad to see the back of the Jordans and Kristina.

I liked Kevin when he first joined but less so now. Never warmed to his sister, Joanne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

And i've never liked Karen either.

Nice to see Erin and Matthew back on ITT. Made me go back and watch Austin Healy's dances. They look so young.

Advertisement