Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Comments

And i've never liked Karen either.

Nice to see Erin and Matthew back on ITT. Made me go back and watch Austin Healy's dances. They look so young.

Laughed out loud at Craigs hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭HS3

I loved Matthew Cutler. Was so great seeing him on there today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

honeybear wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, Lisa Snowdon scored very highly in the final but public vote let her down.

Dare I say this, but the manner of Tom Chambers' win that year remains one of Strictly's lowest points. :o

An underdog win it may have been - he scored no 40s and only one 39 during his time on the show; he never topped the scoreboard outright; and in both the semi-final and the final he was comprehensively outscored by Lisa and Rachel. (For the record, he only managed a 35 and a 38 in the final, while Lisa got two 40s and Rachel a 40 and a 39.)

But the fact remains that he only made the final as a result of that voting cock-up. :o

If it was a soccer match, it would be a bit like Derby County beating Arsenal 3-2 after the referee overruled his assistant on a marginal offside call for one of Derby's goals - when in fact the assistant was right, and the goal should therefore have been disallowed. :o;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Lisa was a thoroughly unlikeable contestant though. Very much an "it's all about me" celeb who was also over marked quite a bit.
    Also, a 40 for her show dance was a joke. It was complete ham and not in a good way.
    Look up "Lisa Snowdon show dance" on YouTube and the first result has a load of Twitter comments from that night included in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dare I say this, but the manner of Tom Chambers' win that year remains one of Strictly's lowest points. :o

An underdog win it may have been - he scored no 40s and only one 39 during his time on the show; he never topped the scoreboard outright; and in both the semi-final and the final he was comprehensively outscored by Lisa and Rachel. (For the record, he only managed a 35 and a 38 in the final, while Lisa got two 40s and Rachel a 40 and a 39.)

But the fact remains that he only made the final as a result of that voting cock-up. :o

If it was a soccer match, it would be a bit like Derby County beating Arsenal 3-2 after the referee overruled his assistant on a marginal offside call for one of Derby's goals - when in fact the assistant was right, and the goal should therefore have been disallowed. :o;)
    Rachel was a very good dancer too. Tom was very popular (obviously!) but Lisa/Rachel would have been better choices imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heroditas wrote: »
    Lisa was a thoroughly unlikeable contestant though. Very much an "it's all about me" celeb who was also over marked quite a bit.
    Also, a 40 for her show dance was a joke. It was complete ham and not in a good way.
    Look up "Lisa Snowdon show dance" on YouTube and the first result has a load of Twitter comments from that night included in it.

I remember not liking the show dance

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That was a famous year where I had been out the night of the final, taped it but it obviously ran long and my recorder cut out (back when we still had VCR). My mother had recorded and so I got dressed really quickly and ran over. While she's loading it up, she accidentally spoiled the result. She's still apologising now!

I was up for Vincent and Rachel (loved their rumba) but Tom's show dance was wonderful.

I haven't really warmed to anyone who's left this year and agree that the Clifdens are consistently overmarked. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Len is gone next year. I loved Oti's choreography so I'm up for her, and therefore, Danny, to win. That samba was magnificent.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The dance and song choices are out

https://www.facebook.com/bbcstrictly/videos/10153886521766619/

Judge Rinder dancing the samba, that's surely him gone, it's such a tricky one to get right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Awful song choices once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Some of the song choices have been so bad this season! A tango to "One Night Only?" I don't know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Agreed, apart from pure imagination.....that has potential to be very nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Anton is expecting a boy and a girl. I think a mini dance partnership is in the making:) seriously though, as long as they are healthy that's all that matters:)

Did anyone see last night's ITT? I forgot it started at 6 and tuned in at 6.30, who did yesterday's pro challenge? Maybe there wasn't one? I can't find anything on YouTube.

Looking forward to the group dance to West side story 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was away last weekend so I only caught up with the main show and results show today! It's super Saturday in Strictly terms for me with tonight's show just about to start! :D

I don't care if Danny had stage/dancing experience, that samba was frickin' amazing! We've been waiting 14 years for a samba like that!!!!

Wow Anton !!

Who knew he could sing. Amazing !!

Expected more content in that from Ore and Joanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

It was a bit dull from Ore

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Yes that was just a bit boring from Ore and I disagree with Len, I found the background dancers distracting

• Advertisement

Kinda boring. Lovely but....meh. Annoyed me when the dancing flowers, or whatever they are, got in the way.

Yes that was just a bit boring from Ore and I disagree with Len, I found the background dancers distracting

Yep I completely agree with you holly

Props and extras are too distracting this year. Takes away from the dancing.

Come on Robert!

Judge Rinder is probably in most danger coming into tonight.

Ooh I loved Jersey Boys so this could be good!

I have a feeling Craig will be complaining about those facial expressions :)

Not really a samba-y song. Good effort though and he's lots of energy. Rinder is so joyful when dancing....fun to watch because you can tell he's having a blast!

Two tough weeks for the Judge with having to do the rhumba and samba.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Good effort by Louise

I haven't been blown away by any dance so far. Those extra dancers are really annoying and take away from the performance, and surely they obscure the judges views at some point?

• Advertisement

Great effort and performance from Louise. I agree with Len in that there was slightly not enough quickstep in the routine.

Advertisement