Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

True. I keep seeing Neil Jones in every dance ! I wish the audience would shut up with the booing and let Len talk. You can tell he's sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

Claudia's dance has been the best so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Claudia's dance has been the best so far

Definitely my favourite so far!

Nah, wasn't for me. But I suppose anything would have been less spectacular after the samba.

Song was terrible for tango. I'd much rather they give the pros a list of the dances for the series and let them pick the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭hollymartins

I do think Danny is the best dancer, he looks like an equal to his professional partner. I wasn't wild about the song but I thought it had the best characterisation...I certainly felt that he was a svengali type character (as opposed to Ore portraying Willy Wonka ;) )

I love West Side Story so this better be good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Tonight was my least favourite show if the series. I wasn't mad about any celeb dances. The opening dance (involving pros, celebs and judges) and the Westside Story dances were the highlights for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I thought Ore was poor tonight, there were a few stumbles and balance issues. Glad the judges brought that up. The other dancers were very distracting, they completely concealed Ore at times.

I really enjoyed Louise's QS, really fun and interesting content. I haven't been her biggest fan, but I thought she deserved her score tonight.

Judge was poor enough, I think the gulf between him af the other dancers is very obvious now. Plus having to do the samba the week after that amazing dance from Danny... poor Robert!

I thought Claudia was fantastic, she's so poised and controlled in her lifts. The athleticism in that dance was incredible. So glad she got her 10 at last.

I didn't like Danny's dance tonight, but I think it was just down to the terrible song choice, it just really didn't work.

I think Judge and Ore in the DO, with Judge to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Fair result. The judge a great contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Maybe it's just me but I preferred Judges dance to Ore, overall though Ore is a better dancer.

Danny and Claudia after last nights dance should be in the final :) Both were amazing and it was difficult to see who was the celeb and who was the pro :)

Fair result I think tonight. Judge was very gracious, he comes across really well.

I would expect Ore to go home next week. Watching his dance again, it felt like there was very little content in it and it felt shorter than the other dances. But he did improve a lot in the DO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ncmc wrote: »
    Fair result I think tonight. Judge was very gracious, he comes across really well.

I would expect Ore to go home next week. Watching his dance again, it felt like there was very little content in it and it felt shorter than the other dances. But he did improve a lot in the DO.

I wonder if they took it easy this saturday's routine and were practising for next weeks 2 dances during this week. Tonight's effort certainly came off as very lacklustre compared to everyone else.

Ore is the next one to go home next as far as I'm concerned. I'm kind of hoping he won't pull anything amazing out of the bag next week as it'll possibly mean Claudia goes and she is by far my favourite at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

This weekend went just as I had predicted! Glad to see Claudia still in the running, delighted she finally got her (long deserved) first 10, and even more delighted for her that she wasn't in the dance off again this week - it must have been a confidence boost for her to have seemed to gain some public support compared to last week.
    I've warmed to Louise in the past couple of weeks - she's gained confidence and it suits her, showing a small bit more character now. I really enjoyed her dance this week.
    Ore bores me stiff to be honest - he's technically good but there's nothing outstanding about him, and his partner isn't as good as the judges make out from what I can see. She appears a bit smug, and I've wondered a few times why the judges are so blown away by her choreography when it doesn't look as special to me. In fairness, what she's doing is probably technically excellent but it's just not appealing to me as a viewer who knows feck all about dance as what some of the other pros are putting together.
    Mean-spirited of me, I know, but I enjoyed seeing Golden Boy taken down a peg this week - he's right to be confident, he's clearly far and away the best dancer, but character-wise Danny doesn't have it for me. A lot of people seem to object to the fact he has a bit of a foundation in dance but that doesn't bother me really. I like his partner though and look forward to seeing her in future series.
    Claudia is probably the one I'd most like to see win it but at this stage the only one I wouldn't be really happy to see crowned is Ore - he just doesn't stand out enough for me!
    The Judge was so gracious in defeat - he seems like a great guy who embraced the whole experience and loved every minute. I loved his speech after he was eliminated.

Will be interesting to see what Ore's dances are this week, Claudia has a rhumba which is a tricky one. If her other dance is difficult then she could be in danger too. The rhumba doesn't seem to be a popular dance with viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

ncmc wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see what Ore's dances are this week, Claudia has a rhumba which is a tricky one. If her other dance is difficult then she could be in danger too. The rhumba doesn't seem to be a popular dance with viewers.

I completely agree. I could see her in the danger zone with a rhumba. Also, hard for such young kids to carry off the passion needed I think...she'll struggle.

I have switched to backing Louise now. She is working so hard and really let herself go this week. Ore, much as I like him, seems to have plateaued, if not regressed a little. I still would not like to see Danny win.

So I'm backing Louise to win, but Judge Rinder was my favourite contestant this year...a joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone see Darcy on It Takes Two?
    She was gushing over Ore and Louise, Ore has just so much charisma and presence apparently. I'm just not seeing that.
    She said Claudia is improving but it was clear she wasn't a favourite of hers, she went from discussing her quite flatly to full on animated on the subject of Louise and Ore.

Saw that alright. Also got the impression that she will genuinely miss Rinder and his love of dance.

Ore and Joanne will be doing an Argentine Tango to...."Can't Get You Outta My Head" by Kylie.:confused:

My mother tutted loudly and scowled when it was announced on ITT.:D

On the bright side, Danny and Oti have a cracking tune for their salsa imo!

Full-lineup for Saturday:

• Claudia and AJ will be dancing the Rumba to ‘Bleeding Love’ by Leona Lewis and the Quickstep to ‘When You’re Smiling’ by Andy Williams
    • Danny and Oti will be dancing the Salsa to the track ‘Vivir Mi’ Vida by Marc Anthony and the American Smooth to ‘Misty Blue’ by Dorothy Moore
    • Louise and Kevin will be dancing the Samba to ‘Brazil’ by Thiago Thomé and the Tango to ‘Glad All Over’ by the Dave Clark Five
    • Ore and Joanne will be dancing the Quickstep to ‘Are You Gonna Be My Girl?’ by Jet and the Argentine Tango to ‘Can’t Get You Out of My Head’ by Kylie Minogue

RosyLily wrote: »
    Ore and Joanne will be doing an Argentine Tango to...."Can't Get You Outta My Head" by Kylie.:confused:

I'm guessing that it will be a 'tango-ey' version of the song, like what they did for Danny & Oti's Argentine Tango which was to 'I Heard it Through the Grapevine'.

I found this on YouTube:

Can't wait to see Danny and Oti's American Smooth! It's one of my favourite dances. Stupid work Christmas party, will have to wait til Sunday to watch it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Terrible song choices again. Seriously, what are the producers up to?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

I cannot believe we're two weeks away from the Final - so excited!

I love Danny and Claudia - so one of them to win for me. Danny is a pure natural and his chemistry with Oti is fantastic. I can't warm to Ore or Joanne, so would prefer if they go this week.

Maybe I'll get more exited after this weekends show but at the minute I'm very blasé about the show. Very unusual for me. I'm not excited to see any particular couple on Saturday. I do love a quickstep though. I'll be watching for the dancing only.

I think Danny & Oti and Ore & Joanne will score BIG on Saturday. Could be a few 40s.

Claudia & AJ will have it tough with the rumba as will Louise & Kevin with the samba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Guess it's time to look at the bookies' markets once more...

Paddy Power: Danny 1/2, Louise 2/1, Claudia 10/1, Ore 20/1
    Ladbrokes: Danny 1/2, Louise 5/2, Claudia 10/1, Ore 25/1
    William Hill: Danny 1/2, Louise 2/1, Claudia 10/1, Ore 16/1
    Coral: Danny 8/15, Louise 9/4, Claudia 10/1, Ore 28/1

No surprises, even with the variance in Ore's odds. :D;)

Nor are there any surprises as regards the elimination odds. After all, Ore has been in the DO twice and Claudia once...

Paddy Power: Ore 4/5, Claudia 11/10, Louise 12/1, Danny 50/1
    Ladbrokes: Ore 4/5, Claudia 5/4, Louise 12/1, Danny 33/1
    William Hill: Ore 8/11, Claudia 6/5, Louise 14/1, Danny 33/1
    Coral: Ore 8/11, Claudia 5/4, Louise 12/1, Danny 40/1

But I think we could do with a shock or two. There haven't been many this year, and the only big ones have been Will's withdrawal and Lesley's premature elimination. (Ed making it to Blackpool wasn't all that shocking, especially looking back now. :D)

If Ore and Claudia do contest the DO this week, and if Danny then wins the final with Louise second (assuming there won't be "joint runners-up" like in the last few years), I can imagine a considerable number of fans and viewers thinking, "Well, at the end of a year in which so many unpredictable things have happened, this was almost unbelievably predictable..." :o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I think that the dances Ore has this week could really work for him and put him into the final. I think Claudia will go.

Who else is all excited for tonight :D

Didn't like that at all

Wouldn't be a fan of that dance now

• Advertisement

Judges OTT for Louise again

Advertisement