Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Just my thoughts

Danny: wasn't fussed on his salsa but the American smooth was wow.

Claudia: loved both dances especially the rumba, so good

Louise: what was that samba all about, way overmarked and did look like a first week effort. Tango wasn't anything spectacular either.

Ore: quickstep was good....just good....he didn't dance a whole pile in the Argentine tango.....it was all Joanne......but wow she was fantastic in it and I'm not normally a fan!

Judges scoring up their h***s, it's clear they have their favourites who were not the best dancers tonight.

Louise or Ore to go home......and I'm actually for Claudia to win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

368100 wrote: »
    Just my thoughts

Danny: wasn't fussed on his salsa but the American smooth was wow.

Claudia: loved both dances especially the rumba, so good

Louise: what was that samba all about, way overmarked and did look like a first week effort. Tango wasn't anything spectacular either.

Ore: quickstep was good....just good....he didn't dance a whole pile in the Argentine tango.....it was all Joanne......but wow she was fantastic in it and I'm not normally a fan!

Judges scoring up their h***s, it's clear they have their favourites who were not the best dancers tonight.

Louise or Ore to go home......and I'm actually for Claudia to win

Agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Caludia??? Really??? Maybe it's cos she's so short but I don't like her dancing

RosyLily wrote: »
    I would have liked more gauches but it has great intensity. Jo and Ore have nice chemistry.

Ore did very little dancing....it was mostly joanne

His lifts and spins were good

• Advertisement

Read the spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

What spoiler mansize?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Joanne could've been launching herself at and leaping around a pole and it would have been the same result. Ore essentially was a prop in that AT. There was zero passion or intensity between them I thought.
    It just seemed so unfair that he got such good comments and scores for it when Claudia was told in the rumba that she wasn't showing enough passion and emotion.

I adored both Danny's American Smooth and Claudia's quickstep tonight.

I felt the scoring and commenting was very blatantly biased too and it really took from the magic of the show.

There were some tech hitches with the phone line with people saying they couldn't get through to vote Claudia or Danny tonight. I would love Ore or Louise to go this week but if that can't happen I'd love if the 4 of them went through to the final because of the voting hitch.

dee_mc wrote: »
    What spoiler mansize?

The one on Twitter. I'm not saying anymore

Joanne could've been launching herself at and leaping around a pole and it would have been the same result. Ore essentially was a prop in that AT. There was zero passion or intensity between them I thought.
    It just seemed so unfair that he got such good comments and scores for it when Claudia was told in the rumba that she wasn't showing enough passion and emotion.

I adored both Danny's American Smooth and Claudia's quickstep tonight.

I felt the scoring and commenting was very blatantly biased too and it really took from the magic of the show.

There were some tech hitches with the phone line with people saying they couldn't get through to vote Claudia or Danny tonight. I would love Ore or Louise to go this week but if that can't happen I'd love if the 4 of them went through to the final because of the voting hitch.

Surely the hitch affects all votes equally???

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    Surely the hitch affects all votes equally???

I don't know, I saw a lot more tweets talking about Danny and Claudia than Ore and Louise.
    Seeing as you've seen the spoiler though I'm guessing I'm not getting my wish :(
    I'm going to try and avoid finding out until tomorrow because if Claudia is gone I'll be really disappointed all night. :)

His lifts and spins were good

In the Argentine tango?

I don't know, I saw a lot more tweets talking about Danny and Claudia than Ore and Louise.
    Seeing as you've seen the spoiler though I'm guessing I'm not getting my wish :(
    I'm going to try and avoid finding out until tomorrow because if Claudia is gone I'll be really disappointed all night. :)

I heard nothing about the blocked votes but all my online votes went through via UK VPN 😂😂😂
    But if the lines were down, they were down for all tbf

In the Argentine tango?

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Agreed. He was just showing off Joanne really. Didn't get the judges gushing comments for the AT. I must have been looking at a different dance to them.

RosyLily wrote: »
    Agreed. He was just showing off Joanne really. Didn't get the judges gushing comments for the AT. I must have been looking at a different dance to them.

They used to go ape when people did it in the rumba. It used to be a chief complaint, but when ore does it is heavy with passion and tension and is amazing.

Apparently Claudia is the only one not going on the tour this year. That never bodes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Claudia is gone if she's in the dance-off. The judges have invested far too much in Ore and Louise throughout the series.
    They want the best dancer (Danny) in the final but the Clifton v Clifton battle is something else they want.
    That doesn't leave room for Claudia, particularly if she's not going on the tour.

I dont rate Claudia, shes too short

Just catching up now, so apologies if it's been already mentioned, but was Craig hung over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I dont rate Claudia, shes too short

For real? Is this comment related to your username? :-)

In all seriousness, I didn't realise just how short she was until we looked it up last night. She is 4ft 6...my 9 year old daughter is taller than her.

I still can't agree with your comment. Shorter girls look far better doing the fast Latin dances than taller girls, and vice versa for the smooth ballroom dances. Both have advantages.

Not going to comment on all of the judging last night, but Louise was way over marked and Claudia under marked.

What happened to Louise? The pressure of two dances? I know the salsa is difficult, but from the very opening where she was alone and had to wiggle to the beat she looked like a week one contestant.

• Advertisement

sadie06 wrote: »
    For real? Is this comment related to your username? :-)

In all seriousness, I didn't realise just how short she was until we looked it up last night. She is 4ft 6...my 9 year old daughter is taller than her.

I still can't agree with your comment. Shorter girls look far better doing the fast Latin dances than taller girls, and

For me vice versa for the smooth ballroom dances. Both have advantages.

Not going to comment on all of the judging last night, but Louise was way over marked and Claudia under marked.

What happened to Louise? The pressure of two dances? I know the salsa is difficult, but from the very opening where she was alone and had to wiggle to the beat she looked like a week one contestant.

Foe me long legs are critical to dancing, it adds to the elegance and flow of movement

Im a short arse I know this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up now. Perfect hangover TV :o

Louise was overmarked as usual. Her second dance was so awkward. She kept looking at the floor during the dance. It looked like a 1st/2nd week effort. She should go tonight.

I didn't like Claudia's rumba but I thought her quickstep was great. I really enjoyed it.

I like both of Ore's dances tonight. He put some personality into them tonight.

Danny's American Smooth was sublime. I had a tear in my eye watching it. It was danced and acted perfectly.

Danny, Ore and Claudia should be in the final. Louise to go tonight.

I think Claudia has done amazingly well despite her height - also bearing in mind that her partner, though short for a guy, is nearly a foot taller than her! It takes a lot of skill from both of them to ensure thst height difference isnt glaringky obviius through every move thry make on the dancefloor.
    She's also coming from the world of gymnastics where she was keeping her feet flat much of the time and her legs rigid for a lot of the moves, and now she's dancing (very, very well) in high heels - I read somewhere that she'd never worn heels prior to the competition, never mind danced in them!
    I don't think she'll win but I'd be delighted for her if she did.

I think Claudia has done amazingly well despite her height - also bearing in mind that her partner, though short for a guy, is nearly a foot taller than her! It takes a lot of skill from both of them to ensure thst height difference isnt glaringky obviius through every move thry make on the dancefloor.
    She's also coming from the world of gymnastics where she was keeping her feet flat much of the time and her legs rigid for a lot of the moves, and now she's dancing (very, very well) in high heels - I read somewhere that she'd never worn heels prior to the competition, never mind danced in them!
    I don't think she'll win but I'd be delighted for her if she did.

What height is AJ?

368100 wrote:
    What height is AJ?

I think he is 5 foot 5.
    I need to stop reading celebrity magazines, they just leave me with loads of half remembered useless information about people I don't know!

I think he is 5 foot 5.
    I need to stop reading celebrity magazines, they just leave me with loads of half remembered useless information about people I don't know!

Wow, i didn't think he was that short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Well in comparison to princess Claudia he looks tall against her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Although the scoring was crazy in places, I actually agree with Darcey about that lift in Danny's AS, he looked like he was lugging a bag of coal. But whether it was enough to dock a point or not... I don't know. The rest of the dance was just sublime. I know people have complained about him being bland before, but the emotion in that dance was incredible. Louise's samba was a joke, the whole theme was just terrible, she was like a bad Carmen Miranda cover. Kevin was superb in it and it just showed how bad she was. Whereas with Danny and Oti, you can hardly tell who is the professional.

I liked Ore's QS, but it was nowhere as good as Claudia's. I was distracted during his AT and her rumba so can't comment on those (the joys of watching this afternoon when my toddler was awake!)

Based on what I saw, Louise should go, I think she might be in the DO, but no way she'll be sent home. So I reckon Claudia to go.

Danny in dance off???

Good luck to which ever girl dances against him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

JOKE

Advertisement