Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I was so looking forward to their show dance. Gutted for them.

Me too, it just won't be the same now. :(

I think Danny will win. I think a lot of people have seen through the farcical judging the last few weeks, like Ore getting a standing ovation from the judges?!?
    I feel people will vote for Danny even if he's not their favourite as they might not want to support the Cliftons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

There seems to be a good lot of anti-Clifton sentiment on Twitter, Digital Spy etc. More so than any other year. Not impressed with the good partners Kevin has gotten, Joanne's demeanour (whatever that means) - basically thinking they are being pushed too much and getting preferential treatment. It can only end badly.

I think they're trying to turn them into Strictly's version of The Houghs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I think Kevin has done a great job in bringing his partners along. I don't think many people initially thought Susanna Reid or Kelly Bright would be as good as they were, and a lot of that is down to Kevin, and his choreography.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he fully deserves to be in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

But it's not about how good the pro is, it's how good their partner is and Louise was poorest on the night last week and has consistently been over marked and over praised.

I have no problem with Kevin, he's a great dancer and he does seem to be a good partner, but Kellie had a background and training in dance and was pretty good from the start. As was Louise, it's not like they started out with two left feet and his guidance alone got them to the final.

ncmc wrote: »
    But it's not about how good the pro is, it's how good their partner is and Louise was poorest on the night last week and has consistently been over marked and over praised.

I have no problem with Kevin, he's a great dancer and he does seem to be a good partner, but Kellie had a background and training in dance and was pretty good from the start. As was Louise, it's not like they started out with two left feet and his guidance alone got them to the final.

Louise was at stage school since the age of 11. She was also a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance".

• Advertisement

Louise was at stage school since the age of 11. She was also a judge on "So You Think You Can Dance".
    Exactly. Now if he'd got Anne Widecombe or Julie Murray to the final, that WOULD have been impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Still can't dance a samba, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Still can't dance a samba, though.

Meh... I don't think you can criticise her too much for that really. The samba is almost impossible.

Danny is dancing that magnificent samba again this weekend so hopefully it's as good as the first time and he shows Louise how it's done!

Ore unsurprisingly is dancing the jive and Louise is dancing the Argentinian Tango.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

I think Ore's show dance will be the best. Unfortunately I do think Danny will win though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Cateym wrote: »
    I think Ore's show dance will be the best. Unfortunately I do think Danny will win though.

Unfortunately?

Most of us here were dismayed when Danny ended up in the DO last weekend (while Louise went straight through to the final despite being clearly the poorest celeb on the Saturday).

And if he doesn't win this weekend, I think most of us here will be dismayed again. Especially as the Cliftons aren't very popular at the moment, either...

:o:o:D:);)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Danny's clearly the best dancer: but he is a bit of a ringer, with all that musical theatre background. Ore started with no experience or training.

The same thing happened with Natalie Gumede and the public didn't chose her to lift the glitterball.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Danny's clearly the best dancer: but he is a bit of a ringer, with all that musical theatre background. Ore started with no experience or training.

The same thing happened with Natalie Gumede and the public didn't chose her to lift the glitterball.

This. I don't dispute Danny is the best dancer but he has a background on the stage. Ore has none and for that what he has achieved is amazing. Len made direct reference to it in the semi-final. Not sure why they have contestants with prior training.

Danny and Louise both attended stage school. Louise also was a Judge on "So You Think You Can Dance?". Ore has no dance experience, so in my opinion deserves to lift the glitter ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I think Ore is genuine and his friend said on it takes two , he was a complete newbie to dancing and for that reason he deserves to win Strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Oh please not Ore, I couldn't stand those tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

It's a hard one to call for me this year.

Danny is by far the best dancer.
    Ore has shown the most improvement, starting from no experience (even if he has plateaued).
    Louise has the nicest personality & seems most genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Right, let's do this! Danny FTW.

Not good enough I'm afraid Louise.

Not good enough I'm afraid Louise.

I'd she gets a 10 for that I'm chucking the TV out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Of all the dances. Why did they pick that one for Louise? Desperate both times.

Ore to win!!

Ore for me

I'd she gets a 10 for that I'm chucking the TV out the window.

Bye bye TV :(

Scoring for Louise is ridiculous. They are taking us for fools.

I see Danny has felt the need to deny he has dance experience before Strictly.

Now you're talkin' nice one Danny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Danny sweating like crazy.

Less than Louise. Unbelievable.

Great effort from Ore

• Advertisement

THAT was a showdance!

Advertisement