Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This is it

I'm delighted for him :)

Ore Ore Ore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Please don't cry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

British public messed up again. Danny should have won.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Delighted for him

• Registered Users Posts: 36,139 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

THat was quick.
    It was bla bla bla tribute vids
    bang,oh by the way the winner is Ore

No way. Ore was not just a great dancer, but a lovely man. The right result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Great show.
    But tears ruin it.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

A bit OTT Ore. Get a room.

• Advertisement

Addle wrote: »
    Great show.
    But tears ruin it.

I'm holding them in :D

Ore have more invested emotionally, it meant more to him and public saw it .

• Registered Users Posts: 56,135 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Mate, your wife is in the audience. Pass me the sick bucket..

Danny have more invested emotionally, it meant more to him and public saw it .

He thought he had it sewn up. Ore was the best on the night. Right result.

I meant Ore
    He had more emotion for the win and the people watching went for the underdog with the dream of winning as the British public tend to do .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭savemefrom

Voters got it absolutely right for a change, based on judging them on the 3 dances tonight. Sorry Danny fans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Well done Ore and Joanne. So deserved! I was crying during Len's dance and haven't stopped since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Right result in my eyes.....no dance experience to performing to that standard....and his show dance was the best by far...

I would have like to know 2nd and 3rd place though

Off to YouTube to rewatch my favourite dances from 2016!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Bookies def happy with that result!

• Advertisement

I meant Ore
    He had more emotion for the win and the people watching went for the underdog with the dream of winning as the British public tend to do .

No. They went for the best dancer on the night. Ore was outstanding. Danny was frantic in his dancing and Louise just wasn't in the room.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Ore definitely had the momentum tonight. I think he was the rightful winner. His showdance was fab u lous and it was great to see that jive again.
    Lovely to see Kevin so pleased for his sister too.

Danny & Oti's samba is still the dance of the series for me though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

^^^ I 100% agree, Ore was definitely the best on the night, his show dance was just fantastic, it was everything a show dance should be, it was just so upbeat and full of original content. I didn't care for Danny's showdance tbh, it had too much tango and paso content for me which aren't dances I'm fond off. Louise just wasn't at the races at all tonight. The gulf between her and the other two was vast. It was an insult to Ore and Danny that she was getting ballpark same scores.

I was hoping Danny would win as he was the best overall. In fact I'd say he's the best celeb I've ever seen. But Ore was brilliant on the night and a very deserving winner considering how little experience he had.

That samba though, wow,wow,wow. Just loved it. Dance of the season.

Best part of this season was when
    judge beside Len said of one dance
    '' that was the dogs bollocks'' and Tess horrified had to quickly apologize to viewers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Delighted ore won, I was at the Aviva so I missed it

Am I the only one that didn't enjoy Danny's samba ? It was just ok to me. Agree about his show dance , it was good but we've seen such excellent dances from Danny and Oti that it paled in comparison . He was almost too good for his own good. I'm sure his career in the musicals is safe anyway. Can't wait to see more dances from Oti :)

I'm not going to discuss Louise but there were other dancers that should have been there instead. I just don't know where she got her votes from? And Karen Clifton and her fake tears, enough said! Glad to see Kevin run to congratulate his sister though.

Ore and Joanne were deserving winners. From novice dancer to winner of Strictly. He has definitely went on the journey. He's very humble and the public can see that and the energy and commitment he puts in to this performance stands out. I just hope he has stopped crying long enough to enjoy their win:)

Just saw that Anton is in the Christmas special. I'm happy again!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Came back from holidays having cancelled recording of SCD while I was away - and forgot to reset the bloody thing. So came back from the panto (god help me) to find no show :eek::eek:

Spent half an hour wrestling Hola onto my laptop and watched the final in SD (****e definition) Am posting as they're doing their final own favourite dances.

Thought Ore/Joanne's jive was better the first time round. Maybe not from a technical point of view, and could be to do with the crap visuals on the laptop, but I just preferred the first one hands down. Maybe it was the shock/novelty of it first time round? Still absolutely wowed me again though!

Loved, loved, loved their showdance - that to me is what showdance should be, not all that prancing around the place doing not a single recognisable dance step - although there were no mad off the wall ones tonight in fairness. Louise's - meh. Could see that she was loving it, but wasn't for me. Danny & Oti's - powerful stuff. But maybe I'm a traditionalist fuddy-duddy like Len - the "dance" one did it for me.

What a shame Danny ****ed up in the QS! It was an amazing dance, he must be absolutely kicking himself!

There were some continuity issues going on - I saw AJ in a glittery shirt early on, and then there he was in a white-tie/tails suit not having danced a step yet! What was that about? (might become clear when I get back to actually watching the end of the show!)

Right... two more favourite dances to go... will they manage them with no mistakes???

Hmmm, Louise's AT I hadn't seen before.... very very good, but not as razor sharp in the footwork as I'd hope for (Flavia Cacace has ruined everyone else for me for ever!)

Wowzers!!! :eek:

Hadn't seen Danny's samba before. Now THAT was a dance! As much as I don't particularly warm to him, you have to hand it to him for that.

Ore for me FTW though - from zero to how he danced tonight is just incredible.

I have my fingers crossed......

• Advertisement

Oh, and was Joanne injured tonight???

Saw she had a knee brace on in training, and she looked like she was limping badly and being helped up the stairs by Ore after the jive.

If she was, then that's some performance by her - fair play!

Advertisement