Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Ah sh!te, I had no idea it was starting tonight :mad:

Leslie Joseph just finished her dance, have I missed many others?

Laura Whitmore and Judge Rinder did ChaChaChas, decent preformances from both. Judge Rinder really went for it. Negra (sp?) did a waltz which was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Laura Whitmore and Judge Rinder did ChaChaChas, decent preformances from both. Judge Rinder really went for it. Negra (sp?) did a waltz which was good.

Ah thank you!

Was afraid I might have missed my lovely Will. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I prefer when all couples do either a waltz or cha cha the first week. I'm old school.:o

Greg Rutherford wasn't too bad! Definite potential.

Lots of potential from the dancers tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

RosyLily wrote: »
    I prefer when all couples do either a waltz or cha cha the first week. I'm old school.:o

Greg Rutherford wasn't too bad! Definite potential.
    This!

Would be nice if they gave the audience at home a chance to compare the skills by getting them to dance only one or two dances the first week - after all nobody's going home. It's like trying to compare apples and flipping lychees with all the different dances tonight (and 9 more to come tomorrow :eek:)

I'm irritated to see that along with the shifty-lit dancefloor, whirling dervish cameras and manic smoke machines (thankfully none of that so far), they've now introduced wind machines to whip up the girls' dresses, the further to distract viewers from THE DANCERS' FEET - surely the whole point of the exercise, no???

Nobody stood out for me tonight, although I got distracted during the tango and since everyone seems to be raving about it I must go back and watch again.

I have a huge soft spot for Greg Rutherford, as he was captain of one of the teams when I was in the audience for A Question of Sport a while back, so he's my favourite tonight. Also Natalie is far and away my favourite pro. So I'll be rooting for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Beautiful start to the show tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I like Louise so I hope she does well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Louise was great!

Melvins dance was very energetic:D

Seriously impressed by some of the celebs so far, Danny was brilliant!

• Advertisement

Very impressed with Danny!! Lots of content. Good standard this year.....so far anyway.

Danny to win :D that was some dance

Poor Anastacia, she recovered well.

I'm surprised Danny's score was so low but Anastasia was great and great recovery and Tameka was just hilarious and brilliant

Aww poor Anastacia! Was going well but she lost it a bit. Great flexibility though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

"I think I saw the Rocky Mountains" :eek: :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Good performance by Will!

Just catching up now. Loved the group dance at the start of the show. Tameka was good fun. As much as you need good dancers in the show you need entertainment as well. :D

Len has clearly taken a dislike to Danny, his CCC was better then a 7 (which he also gave to Tameka :confused:). Whilst Len clearly fancies Daisy hence the 9 for a waltz which definitely didn't deserve a 9.

Fair play to Anastasia for keeping the dance going after the mishap.

I agree I thought Danny deserved a higher score.

I liked Will's Tango, plenty of potential there. He's so nice. Why are we're his trousers so short though, very distracting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Should've taken notes while watching!

Where on earth were they going with Anastacia's scores? :confused: She nearly fell over, FFS! And for the rest of the dance looked afraid to take a long step....

Also thought that the scores for Daisy Lowe were a bit overinflated for what it was. Plus you couldn't see her feet most of the time as the dress was so long!

Craig must have been told to loosen up on the auld scoring front, I don't think I've seen as many 7s and 8s in entire previous series as I did tonight :eek:

Was it my imagination or were about half the first round dances cha cha chas? And about another quarter waltzes? and the rest random other dances? Bizarre sort of a first round, IMO.

Loved Louise's jive - but was that story true about her not wearing "sexy" dresses to keep the hubby happy??? Because she may as well just stick holes in a bin bag and save a few quid for the Beeb.... I really find that hard to believe, she's a gorgeous girl and I hope she doesn't continue in the knee-length flappy dresses....

When Tameka first started dancing, I thought - how unfair that they give some of the rock songs and other mad stuff to try and do pasos to, at least she got some authentic music.... and then it turned into Viva Espana :eek: How did yer (Spanish) man keep a straight face, seriously???

Who's that fella Danny? He can fairly move!

Lots of potential tbh.... shame I'm going to miss most of the second half of the series :mad: Looking forward to seeing them all settle into it for the next few weeks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

OMG! If Danny's week 1 performance is anything to go by, he is a sure winner

honeybear wrote: »

Just watching back now - Kevin is a great pro. Think he and Louise could make it 4 finals in row for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Hmm - a bit like Jay last year. :o:D:);)

Hmm - a bit like Jay last year. :o:D:);)

If I remember correctly, it took Jay a while to get his confidence. Hope it's not like Peter Andre where he scored high early on but showed no progression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

If I remember correctly, it took Jay a while to get his confidence. Hope it's not like Peter Andre where he scored high early on but showed no progression

Jay's infamous jive was in week 3. Not at the start, of course, but still early enough. ;)

Just catching up now. Some great potential and HUGE egos! Looking like one of the best series yet! Craig seems to have had some procedure during the summer. His scoring was most unusual!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Most memorable dance for me was Judge Rinder! If he can keep his mouth closed he's got real potential. Already finding Louise quite annoying. Poor old Anton. Love Tameka, she's going to be great fun:)

Just started watching now, kinda forgot the time due to the football

• Advertisement

Kinda wish Tess would leave the jokes to Claudia. It doesn't suit her imo.

Is Greg's arse out a bit far or is it just me?

Advertisement