Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yayyy! Right result for once!!!

Well done Ore and Joanne. Well deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

No way. Ore was not just a great dancer, but a lovely man. The right result.

Ore is a good dancer not a great dancer. Danny is a great dancer and seems like a lovely man so should have won. Ore won because Joanne Clifton choreographed the routines to make him look good (his AT was a perfect example of this) and it was constantly mentioned how Ore never danced before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Was out tonight so missed the final. I'm happy Ore won, I liked his dancing, but I prefered watching Danny dance. I so enjoyed Oti's choreography! Kinda reminded me of Tom Chambers' win few years ago as he seemed like the underdog and pulled off a fab Hollywood showdance. Still one of my faves!! From the sounds of it, Louise shouldn't have been near the final. Was it nerves? Other two finalists just better?

Looking forward to watching tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Just catching up here to see how won as missed the end.
    Really wanted Danny to win, he was the best dancer and Oti's coregraphy was amazing.
    I didn't enjoy ore at all, found the croccidile tears a bit yawnsome

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Rfrip wrote: »
    Really wanted Danny to win, he was the best dancer and Oti's coregraphy was amazing.

I agree his tears were annoying but he never cried during his dance routines and that's what he was judged on.

Best dancer in the final over 3 dances won and that seems fair to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Rfrip wrote: »

I found the tears genuine tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Ore is a good dancer not a great dancer. Danny is a great dancer and seems like a lovely man so should have won. Ore won because Joanne Clifton choreographed the routines to make him look good (his AT was a perfect example of this) and it was constantly mentioned how Ore never danced before.

Over the course of the series, Danny was better but Ore deserved it based on last night. I would have been happy with either of them winning though.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭md23040

Thanks Strictly for the absolute brilliant entertainment of the last 14 weeks. It's the BBC at their best.

Len will be sadly missed but dearly hope Anton gets the gig as replacement.

I'd prefer if Brendan replaced Len.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

I'm going to miss Strictly so much. Was delighted that Ore won, and can't believe there was any room for criticism as even if all things were equal between himself and Danny going into it, Ore and Joanne blew it out of the water on the night.

I think I read on another forum that Ore danced like he wanted to win with all his heart, whereas Danny danced like he was afraid to lose...hence the nerves perhaps and the mistakes.

Poor Louise wasn't really in it, but she was still lovely to watch, apart from her Cha Cha...uncomfortable viewing.

It was a joyous night of entertainment, and that's why I'll be tuning in again next year. Will miss Len greatly and thought the group dance was very touching.

My one criticism of last night was too many clips of everyone gushing about each other...cringey and repetitive. Was this because they had time to fill as only 3 competitors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Maybe. I also felt the whole thing was very rushed. The pro dances were quite short. Even the group number felt very thrown together. There was more excitement with last years final show. Better guest performance too last year, Emile Sande was good. Still feeling a bit of a lull here with no results show. I'll be missing ITT tomorrow evening too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Came back from holidays having cancelled recording of SCD while I was away - and forgot to reset the bloody thing. So came back from the panto (god help me) to find no show :eek::eek:

Spent half an hour wrestling Hola onto my laptop and watched the final in SD (****e definition) Am posting as they're doing their final own favourite dances.

Thought Ore/Joanne's jive was better the first time round. Maybe not from a technical point of view, and could be to do with the crap visuals on the laptop, but I just preferred the first one hands down. Maybe it was the shock/novelty of it first time round? Still absolutely wowed me again though!

Loved, loved, loved their showdance - that to me is what showdance should be, not all that prancing around the place doing not a single recognisable dance step - although there were no mad off the wall ones tonight in fairness. Louise's - meh. Could see that she was loving it, but wasn't for me. Danny & Oti's - powerful stuff. But maybe I'm a traditionalist fuddy-duddy like Len - the "dance" one did it for me.

What a shame Danny ****ed up in the QS! It was an amazing dance, he must be absolutely kicking himself!

There were some continuity issues going on - I saw AJ in a glittery shirt early on, and then there he was in a white-tie/tails suit not having danced a step yet! What was that about? (might become clear when I get back to actually watching the end of the show!)

Right... two more favourite dances to go... will they manage them with no mistakes???

Aj was in the opening number for the glittery shirt and the white tie/tails for the len ballroom tribute,

''Tis live so can't really have continuity issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

All that talk about the show's voting being racist and look at the winner...

In fairness, ore's Argentine tango was really the only dance that I didn't see him perform well....don't know why as he's certainly capable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Delighted Ore won. To be fair he wasnt the best dancer on the night or in the whole competition, Danny was. But Len alluded to it in his comments about Ore's dance, about how he was coming in with zero dance experience, whereas it was as clear as day that Danny was coming in with a lot of previous experience. So it wasnt an even playing field, which is why I think Ore won out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

tunguska wrote: »
    Delighted Ore won. To be fair he wasnt the best dancer on the night or in the whole competition, Danny was. But Len alluded to it in his comments about Ore's dance, about how he was coming in with zero dance experience, whereas it was as clear as day that Danny was coming in with a lot of previous experience. So it wasnt an even playing field, which is why I think Ore won out in the end.

Have to say I disagree here - Danny fecked up bigtime in one of his dances, and Ore had a pretty flawless night.

On the night I thought he was hands down the better dancer.

And delighted that a "total novice" won.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have to say I disagree here - Danny fecked up bigtime in one of his dances, and Ore had a pretty flawless night.

On the night I thought he was hands down the better dancer.

And delighted that a "total novice" won.

I have to disagree with you. I suppose it depends on what you look for in a dancer, perfect execution of each step or if you expect something more than that. I feel that Ore placed all his steps correctly but never quite reached what dancing should be, it should be some sort of artistic expression, it should make you feel something. I think Danny was able to step up to reach that, I found him a bit cold and dull all series despite Oti's amazing coreography, but I think on the night he gave everything that extra 20%, he brought some feeling to the table. I found his dances looked complex and intricate but they were also exciting, I felt like I was watching a story unfold in his show dance, I couldn't peel my eyes away, I felt like I was watching someone who wanted to give me something more than a masterclass in foot placement. We all saw Danny fluffed the quickstep but we all know it was a mistake and he was fully capable of doing it perfectly. I think the combination of his undeniable ability and that extra that he gave on the night he should've won.

I felt sorry for Louise, that Cha Cha just looked downright embarrassing for her first time around and it was no better Saturday night. She looked very "week 3". Was she really just quite poor all through the series but no one reeally noticed or did she fall apart with the pressure?

I have to disagree with you. I suppose it depends on what you look for in a dancer, perfect execution of each step or if you expect something more than that. I feel that Ore placed all his steps correctly but never quite reached what dancing should be, it should be some sort of artistic expression, it should make you feel something. I think Danny was able to step up to reach that, I found him a bit cold and dull all series despite Oti's amazing coreography, but I think on the night he gave everything that extra 20%, he brought some feeling to the table. I found his dances looked complex and intricate but they were also exciting, I felt like I was watching a story unfold in his show dance, I couldn't peel my eyes away, I felt like I was watching someone who wanted to give me something more than a masterclass in foot placement. We all saw Danny fluffed the quickstep but we all know it was a mistake and he was fully capable of doing it perfectly. I think the combination of his undeniable ability and that extra that he gave on the night he should've won.

I felt sorry for Louise, that Cha Cha just looked downright embarrassing for her first time around and it was no better Saturday night. She looked very "week 3". Was she really just quite poor all through the series but no one reeally noticed or did she fall apart with the pressure?

I thought Dannys dances were a bit desperate in the final. They threw everything at it and it just didn't work for me.
    Louise was out of her depth.
    Ore, as the underdog had no pressure, so was able to relax. The dances showed him at his best and, like the judges, I felt he was best on the night.

Ore will be partnering Karen Clifton for the strictly tour. The media are advertising it as he has ditched Joanne. I think most of us know that Joanne couldn't do the tour because of her role in thoroughly modern millie. I suppose this makes up for Karen loosing her partner during the series.

What a step down for Ore. :(

• Advertisement

I really can't stand Karen. She is a good dancer but there won't be the same chemistry.

Christmas special is at 6.45 , set your alarms :) who do we want to see win? I'M looking forward to Gethin and Ainsley for the craic.

Gethins quickstep was a bit of a let down. Disappointed really. 7 from me. Ok an 8 , it is Christmas.

Fabulous Pamela. Brilliant.

Frankie was magical. And Melvin finally got to show us what he could do, he's my favourite:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I loved it, Ainsley was great fun, Pamela a little to stiff for my liking and Frankie was gawgous but I am delighted for Melvin, he just made me smile the whole dance :)

That was the first dance of Frankies that I actually loved! Great show.

Maybe late discovering this but BBC have a 2016 strictly playlist on Spotify featuring songs (original versions) from the show just finished.

Advertisement