Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I love Claudia's jokes :D Laura was great tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just started watching tonights show. Louise was very good

Danny fab too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just catching up now, so I'll be behind for the results show as well - one of these days I'll manage a "live" show.

What did Bruno say that they had to make Tess apologise for him?? (Watched the first two dances last night and now can't remember half of what I saw!)

Thought Greg was fairly poor - stiff, bad posture and very stompy - I'm hoping he survives and gets to carry on, I suspect that was just a bad dance for him.

Hard to know who'll get the shove tonight. Loved Lauras dress, all the dresses are really beautiful, but the shading in this was so pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Bruno said B####ks.
    Wish they wouldn't mark daisy so high

Hard to know who'll get the shove tonight. Loved Lauras dress, all the dresses are really beautiful, but the shading in this was so pretty.
    Couldn't disagree more!

I really don't think that lemon yellow suits blondes, and really didn't like the shading - thought it looked a combination of dirty and messy.

Each to their own!

What a bizarre premise for Janette and Melvin's dance :confused:

Louise in another frumpy dress - FFS.

Gorgeous rendition of Hallelujah by the orchestra/singer!

I'm LOVING Judge Rinder! He won't win, but what a character!

• Advertisement

Oh dear Lord...

Ed Balls doing a charleston :eek::eek::eek:

ETA - ah FFS, two 7s... seriously??? Does a grave disservice to others who got 7's IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Louise in another frumpy dress - FFS.

Gorgeous rendition of Hallelujah by the orchestra/singer!

I love Louise's dress. I don't think it's frumpy at all!

I'm LOVING Judge Rinder! He won't win, but what a character!
    He really needs to have his mouth clamped shut :D

Loved seeing the Grandad dancing!

LOVED Danny and Oti's dance - not sure how technically brilliant it was but it was riveting! Bit of a tango feel to it.

Addle wrote: »
    I love Louise's dress. I don't think it's frumpy at all!

I loved it too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The result was bizarre bit unfair considering Anastasia wasn't able to dance, surely she should have went.

Loughc wrote: »
    The result was bizarre bit unfair considering Anastasia wasn't able to dance, surely she should have went.
    Agreed.

If she was badly enough injured not to be able to dance last night, will she be fit to resume training for next week?

Danny and Louise are fabulous dancers. I love how relaxed they are with their performances. Have to say Tameka and Judge Rinder (never heard of him pre Strictly) have surprised me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Tameka is my favourite. I just love her personality.

Anastacia is out. They should have stepped aside before the dance off. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3818760/Anastacia-makes-Strictly-history-forced-CANCEL-dance-ripped-mastechtomy-scars-make-dance-risky.html

Correction: I misunderstood content of article. She was deemed unfit for danceoff, not unfit to continue in the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Baybay

I thought they should have too & feel that had it perhaps been another of the male dancers, they might have. For Brendan though, I think that going out in week one, regardless of why would have been unacceptable. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry for Anastasia though. Not a fan particularly but good to see her well.

:confused:

Nothing in that article says that she's out of the show?

On a lighter note, could they POSSIBLY have found a worse still of Janette to use in the paper? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I enjoyed the show on Saturday night, some lovely dances. I really liked Louise and Danny, I thought Louise’s dress was stunning! Danny and Oti have amazing chemistry, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something going on there by the end of the season! A couple of dances were marked too high in my opinion, I though Lesley and Anton were pretty terrible, they didn’t deserve the positive comments, though I suppose they are probably giving leeway for Lesley’s age. I’m not getting the love for Tameka, she comes across as a lovely person but I didn’t think her dance was that great. Will be interesting to see how she does in the slower dances when she can’t rely on the comedy shtick.

Felt really sorry for Melvin and Janette, they weren’t the worst on the night in my opinion. Anastacia and Brendan should have gone instead, I know she was injured, but their dance was terrible. Looking forward to movie week next week.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    :confused:

Nothing in that article says that she's out of the show?

On a lighter note, could they POSSIBLY have found a worse still of Janette to use in the paper? :eek:

You're right! I took it to mean she was deemed unfit to continue in the show instead of being deemed unfit for the danceoff!

You're right! I took it to mean she was deemed unfit to continue in the show instead of being deemed unfit for the danceoff!

You'd have thought, wouldn't you!

If she's that badly affected, I really can't see that she'll be able for training at full tilt so soon - it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I can easily see that she'll have to pull out of the show altogether, and then where will poor Melvin be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

What do ye all think of Lesley Joseph.

I thought week 1 was very poor after all the talk about her having all this energy but she kinda redeemed herself this week.

In fairness for a 70 year old she's doing quite well.

Really looking forward to Saturday night. There are so many good dancers this series! Watching ITT at the mo. Love Vicky Gills slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

From the rehearsal clips, we have some really good dances to look forward to.

Tameka and Gorka's training looks lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who's watching tonight?

• Advertisement

Is it on yet?

I tend to leave it till about half an hour in, then I can FF through all the rubbish video-promo bits - they just annoy the hell out of me!

Advertisement