Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I think they both sharpened up their dances from last night, but I do think Laura's was the better dance overall. I didn't like Tameka's dance, I think it was a poor song choice. Is it the dancer that chooses the music? Some of the choices are strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I didnt like Laura dancing at all - is it just me or did the whole thing feel really unnatural, don't think she's a great dancer at all, or at least not at this style of dancing

I think the issue is that she's a bit lacking in the personality department, she comes across as very vanilla. I think a big part of dancing is the performance and hers are just really lacking. That's why sometimes a bad dancer with a good personality can do quite well (like Jeremy Vine last year for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

ncmc wrote: »
    I think the issue is that she's a bit lacking in the personality department, she comes across as very vanilla. I think a big part of dancing is the performance and hers are just really lacking. That's why sometimes Abbas dancer with a good personality can do quite well (like Jeremy Vine last year for example)

I think you're right, there's just something very fake about her and Craig was going on about Judge Rinders facial expressions, hers were shocking! She seems like a nice enough girl and everything but def needs to work on personality and looking less awkward.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm holding off on commenting till I've either caught up or get to the end, but had to jump in to say......

Lesley is 70???

Like, 70 :eek::eek:

Holy ****!!! Respect!!
    On the flip side... Judge Rinder is only 38!!!! I would have put him at mid to late 40's!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Autosport wrote: »
    I hope he brings out a calendar like Gleb did, it's the only way I get to see him :D

#Gork2017 :D

Laura does seem a bit vanilla. I hope she loosens up more. She could be really good. My dad said that Laura's legs look weird, like she has no knees or something. I spent the whole dance off looking at her knees!!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was a bit disappointed with Louise's performance. Loved the song and routine but it I think that it lacked speed when she was going solo (note: I have 2 left feet myself!!!) On the other hand, Kevin is great at giving his partners the main focus in dances and she really does appear to be enjoying their performances. Claudia and Ore were superb. I hate the Paso and Danny did a great job. Sad to see Tameka go

RosyLily wrote: »
    #Gork2017 :D

Laura does seem a bit vanilla. I hope she loosens up more. She could be really good. My dad said that Laura's legs look weird, like she has no knees or something. I spent the whole dance off looking at her knees!!!:o
    I think it's those thick flesh coloured tights they wear, the sort that ice skaters wear, I think they make the legs look a bit weird and shapeless. She normally has great legs, she's a big fan of the micro mini on I'm a celebrity.

honeybear wrote: »
    Was a bit disappointed with Louise's performance. Loved the song and routine but it I think that it lacked speed when she was going solo (note: I have 2 left feet myself!!!) On the other hand, Kevin is great at giving his partners the main focus in dances and she really does appear to be enjoying their performances. Claudia and Ore were superb. I hate the Paso and Danny did a great job. Sad to see Tameka go
    I felt the exact same! It was far too slow for the music. I think she was another one that was over marked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I didn't see the show tonight but I'm not surprised that Tameka has gone. She was dressed very badly last night so badly I could hardly see her legs move. She's a lovely lady and it's a disappointment that she's gone so soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I didn't see the show tonight but I'm not surprised that Tameka has gone. She was dressed very badly last night so badly I could hardly see her legs move. She's a lovely lady and it's a disappointment that she's gone so soon.

In fairness she did much better in the danceoff and you could really see that her footwork was quite good, plenty more attack in the tango too. Was a tough call tonight, I think I would have liked to see Tameka stay instead of Laura.

I think it's those thick flesh coloured tights they wear, the sort that ice skaters wear, I think they make the legs look a bit weird and shapeless. She normally has great legs, she's a big fan of the micro mini on I'm a celebrity.

Maybe that was it. Anytime I see her in the papers the legs are out and she looks great. Looked like Barbie legs last night. Being in the DO might be the making of Laura. Interested to see what dance she'll get this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Now that we've had two eliminations, I think it's time for another look at the bookies' markets... :D;)

Paddy Power: Danny 6/4, Louise 4/1, Claudia 9/2, Greg 9/1, Ore 12/1, Will 14/1, Daisy 16/1, Rinder 16/1, bar 25/1
    Ladbrokes: Danny 13/8, Louise 4/1, Claudia 6/1, Rinder 10/1, Greg 10/1, Will 12/1, Ore 12/1, Daisy 12/1, bar 25/1
    William Hill: Danny 13/8, Louise 4/1, Claudia 11/2, Greg 10/1, Rinder 10/1, Will 12/1, Daisy 14/1, Ore 14/1, bar 20/1
    Coral: Danny 6/4, Louise 4/1, Claudia 11/2, Greg 9/1, Rinder 11/1, Will 12/1, Daisy 12/1, Ore 14/1, bar 25/1

Not surprised at all that Danny is now the favourite, followed by Louise and Claudia.

Will has drifted out considerably, though - he was around 3/1 when the pairings were first announced. Laura and Naga have drifted out a fair bit as well, although perhaps that's no surprise. ;)

And it's definitely no surprise that Anastacia is now 100/1 with all four bookies, along with Ed. :D They're divided on Lesley, though - PP and Coral are both offering 100/1 on her, but WH is offering 80/1 and Ladbrokes as little as 50/1.

While it's still highly unlikely that she'll win, she could yet achieve her dream of making it to Blackpool. Can she survive another six weeks? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I love Lesley she's my favourite now that Tameka has gone so I hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I really like Claudia, she has a lovely personality and this weekend proved she can really dance! Early days, but I think I'd like her to win. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ShazGV wrote: »
    I really like Claudia, she has a lovely personality and this weekend proved she can really dance! Early days, but I think I'd like her to win. :)
    I read this and thought you were referring to Claudia Winkelmann :eek:

(In my defence, it's been a long week at work and I'm VERY tired)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I read this and thought you were referring to Claudia Winkelmann :eek:

(In my defence, it's been a long week at work and I'm VERY tired)

Everytime I see Claudia in a post I think Winkleman. The other Claudia never registers with me, I can't take to her as a contestant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

In my opinion, the standard of dancing seems to be exceptionally high this year.

Are the judges scoring dances a lot easier than they used to... well that's hard to know and it'll always be subjective.

The lowest score last Saturday (Week #3) was 24 for Ed & Katya.

That's the highest score for Week #3 in a long, long time (as in, I haven't checked back further than 2009).

This doesn't mean that the standard of dancers are better this year, but it's an interesting comparison nonetheless.

Year | Lowest Score in Week #3 | Couple
    2016 | 24 | Ed & Katya
    2015 | 17 | Carol & Pasha
    2014 | 22* | Tim & Natalie
    2013 | 16 | Dave & Karen
    2012 | 17 | Sid & Ola
    2011 | 20 | Nancy & Anton
    2010 | 16 | Paul & Ola
    2009 | 19 | Joe & Kristina
    *Donny Osmond was a guest judge so all scores were out of 50

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ShazGV wrote: »

For some reason I haven't been able to warm to her, or to AJ either.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've noticed a massive improvement in standard in the pros and celebs this year. Some of The routines have been outstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Apparently Will Young has withdrawn for personal reasons :o hope they bring someone back to fill his slot.

Wow that's a shock. Wonder what happened. Has anyone ever dropped out before? Do they have one less elimination now?

Wow that's a shock. Wonder what happened. Has anyone ever dropped out before? Do they have one less elimination now?

Yes. I remember Kelly Brook dropping out and not being replaced. Also John Sargent.

Sorry to hear about Will leaving. I hope everything is ok.

According to Daily Mail there will be an elimination this week as normal.

When Kelly Brook left they had two in the final instead of three. They'll probably to the same this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

That's disappointing.
    I live Will.

That's a pity. I had him pegged as a potential finalist. Hope it's nothing really serious that caused his withdrawal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah no I like Will, I hope everything is ok with him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What a shock! He had a real chance of winning. And hard on Karen too. Hope he's ok.

Kelly Brook left because her father died unexpectedly.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement