Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VW Scandal - What's the story in Ireland ?

Options
  • 28-06-2016 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I see that VW hope to reach a settlement of $15b today in the US. It includes compensation of up to $10k per car owner !. I have one of these dodgy cars and got a letter from VW a few months ago to say that they will be in contact soon with the details of an AP to have a software update applied. I haven't heard anything since.

I would be interested if anybody knows what is the situation here, especially regarding any possible payouts to car owners ? I doubt if the state (DPP) or EU is taking a case against them on behalf of us car owners as I have heard nothing. If they do it will probably take years (look at Anglo !). Are individuals getting together to create a class action lawsuit ? I haven't looked for any legal advise on this so far but I think I will do so soon.

Any ideas if selling the car will eliminate me from any possible future compensation payout ? Personally, I would expect that it doesn't as the buyer of such a car from now on will be aware of the fault and so not entitled to compensation. Even though I may not own the car when any compensation is agreed I would expect that I would receive payment for buying the goods under false pretences. I presume if I sell the car that I need to declare this fault otherwise I could be liable for withholding information that impacts the value of the car.

Comments

Advertisement