Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Group Needs large currency transaction

Options
  • 28-06-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm coming over from the US with 80 people, and we will all need euro (about $9000 worth). I'm trying to get the best rate, but also do t want my currency transaction to be a huge headache whe we get there.  Should I buy euro here in the US, or should I wait until I get there? Will your bank exchange that much money in one day, and can I get small denominations?

Please advise. 

Zack

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Zacksearcy wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm coming over from the US with 80 people, and we will all need euro (about $9000 worth). I'm trying to get the best rate, but also do t want my currency transaction to be a huge headache whe we get there.  Should I buy euro here in the US, or should I wait until I get there? Will your bank exchange that much money in one day, and can I get small denominations?

Please advise. 

Zack
    Good Morning, 

Thanks for contacting us and welcome to Boards.ie, there are a couple of options available to you for exchanging these funds. Please bare in mind, smaller branches will only hold a certain amount of dollar, so it would be advisable to use one of our larger city based branches such as Stephens Green or College Green (branch locations are here ) 

Non-BOI customers can exchange €1000 worth of dollars ( in $50 $20 $10 & $1 bills) per person-per day in branch. Alternatively they can exchange 5 x $100 bills in one transaction if they have a Passport with them. The maximum charge we will apply to any transaction is €6.35 with a minimum of €1.25.

We cannot advise whether it is better to bring over Euro versus getting your Euro here, as this would be based on the exchange rate given by your American branch versus the daily rate on the day you visit us here. 

I hope this information is of some assistance to you, and if you have further queries here, please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement