Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Repair

Options
  • 28-06-2016 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Where will I get an iPhone 6 screen fixed? Will my carrier repair it or will I have to send it off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

Where will I get an iPhone 6 screen fixed? Will my carrier repair it or will I have to send it off?

Who is your carrier? Carrier won't cover it or actually do the repair. Do you have insurance? depending on excess it might be better to have apple fix it

£55 if you can get to an apple store. They did mine same day. If you can't get to them then you can ship for a reasonable fee

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/screen-damage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Who is your carrier? Carrier won't cover it or actually do the repair. Do you have insurance? depending on excess it might be better to have apple fix it

£55 if you can get to an apple store. They did mine same day. If you can't get to them then you can ship for a reasonable fee

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/iphone/repair/screen-damage
    That price is only applicable if you have AppleCare.
    It's €127.30 not including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭GreatDefector

guil wrote: »
    That price is only applicable if you have AppleCare.
    It's €127.30 not including shipping.

I have no apple care and I gave my phone to my wife (6 plus) and it was done same day in Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I have no apple care and I gave my phone to my wife (6 plus) and it was done same day in Manchester

It is £99 in an Apple Store without AppleCare+, not £55

For Ireland it is €127.30 via Apple Mail in service. That includes the shipping. You'll have €321.30 placed on hold on your card as a pre-authorisation to cover any additional damage. A replacement iPhone will be sent out to you and full fee charged without warning if there is more than just damage to the glass found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

did you get sorted?
    did you use apple or local folks to fix the screen?
    a local guy in Dublin 2 asked140euros to fix my iPhone 6 screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭sue97

Do you need an appointment in Belfast. My daughter broke her screen. Also, how quick is turnaround if you post it in

Advertisement