Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unwanted school books

• 28-06-2016 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

is there anywhere that takes unwanted secondary school books - I don't want to just dump them in recycling bins. some of them are still in use, some might be discontinued or might be good for reference purposes (irish grammar, history, business terms, etc)

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd be interested if there's any second level Irish books.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Mincork

A quick search for used / second hand school books in your area will show nearby school book outlets that purchase used books , i'd assume the value depends on condition , but more importantly , it gives other parents the opportunity to purchase them at a massively reduced rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Dont Tony Clarkes do this? (at least they used to)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

How about Gateway to Education on Wickham St ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Mincork wrote: »
    A quick search for used / second hand school books in your area will show nearby school book outlets that purchase used books , i'd assume the value depends on condition , but more importantly , it gives other parents the opportunity to purchase them at a massively reduced rate.

Rather than someone making a profit on them I'd perfer to give them away if I could.

An File - I have some history and business books in irish (gaelcolaiste students) but not Irish as a subject books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I have an extra set of first-year Open University engineering and math (MST124) books in clean, new condition. They are included with the course, so every student will not need them, and additionally they are available online during your course, but if you're a student who lost your books or needs an extra set, I will send them to you for the cost of postage. PM me.

I'll update this post when the set is claimed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Split wrote: »
    How about Gateway to Education on Wickham St ?

That is the charity shop to donate school books to. Primary, secondary or third level. They also accept and resell 2nd hand school uniforms.

http://limericksgatewaytoeducation.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sarah_Giblin

An File wrote: »
    I'd be interested if there's any second level Irish books.

I have some second level Irish books if you're interested ?

Advertisement