Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On hold with the fraud team for 30 mins, something going on?

Options
  • 28-06-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

HI,

I got a text about suspicious activity on my card, and sure enough there was a transaction that I didn't recognize. I replied NO to the text and NO to the subsequent email that I received. I also tried calling 00353 1 4885466 but I was on hold for about 30 mins with no answer.

Should I wait for a call or continue to stay on hold? Is there a situation going on here? I'm not normally on hold with BOI for this long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

Right I got through to a representative but the line was very bad so I need more information.

Basically there are two debit card transactions showing up that I don't recognise, both of which add up to over 2 thousand euro. I can see these on 365online now.

I was told I'm having a new card sent out, I presume the other one was cancelled?

I was also told I need to wait until I'm contacted by the fraud team to see if I'm getting my money back. Could I get a timeframe for this? Obviously I'd like to get this sorted asap as it's a huge amount.

Ok after another 35 minutes on hold I got through and got my questions answered.

I was talking to the same person, so given that and how long I was on hold I'm guessing you had only one person available. Maybe consider hiring more Agents. Frankly it's a disgrace that you treat a customer that lost over 2 grand on your watch in this manner.

One more question I'd like to get confirmation on.

I was told that it could take 4-6 weeks for my claim to be reimbursed for this money to be processed. Is there no way to speed this up? It's a huge amount of money for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

One more question I'd like to get confirmation on.

I was told that it could take 4-6 weeks for my claim to be reimbursed for this money to be processed. Is there no way to speed this up? It's a huge amount of money for me.
    Good Afternoon Whiskeyjack, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie I apologise about this delay in getting back to you and for the hold times you experienced. I am sorry to hear about your situation regarding the fraud on your account. Each occurrence of fraud varies and time frames can be longer than others but we will work as quickly as we can to get the funds back to you. I understand how inconvenient this can be, but rest assured we will get these back to you as soon as we can. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement