Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BARGAIN: Fishing Reel €3.53

• 28-06-2016 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

Offer ends 14 hours from now.

DIAODELAI DK-2000 11 Ball Bearings Spinning Fishing Reel

1461203261979937996.jpg

LINK HERE

Use code CFR01 at checkout.

Shipping is free. It's from China so expect to be waiting a few weeks.

Obviously it's going to be no Okuma/Shimano but the reel (usually about a tenner) gets surprisingly good reviews on Aliexpress. This is a 2000 size so is suitable for mono of up to 4-5lb. Good for trout fishing, general coarse fishing, dropshotting, light spinning and probably a few other uses. Probably best for light work or to give to a kid but maybe it'll surprise! I've ordered one for the sake of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

For a start it costs €9.25 not 3.53. The reviews are for a different model. And you generally get what you pay for. A single season reel at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

For a start it costs €9.25 not 3.53. The reviews are for a different model. And you generally get what you pay for. A single season reel at best.

You just failed to understand that there was a code to be used. I mentioned it but you failed to take that on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I will give an honest review when the one I ordered last night arrives...

As will I. I have a couple of lighter rods that don't get used as often as others. If it lasts a couple of seasons on one of those then I'll be happy out. If I end up giving it to a kid then great. If it's crap it'll get the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I actually have the one on the ali express link, got 2 of them for €6 each around a year ago. I haven't used them yet, just got them as backups. They seem ok for light float fishing, or very light spinning. I wouldn't trust it for any serious specimen fishing, last thing you want is the reel to pack in when you have a PB on the other end!

I have an old shimano hyperloop 4000 from 2003 (when all the shimano range was good). Although its 13 years old (it looks the age too! very battered), it will still out live those cheap reels.

• Advertisement

Reviews for this one can be found here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

I used always buy cheap gear, on found the people who always recommended spending big on gear some rich snobs but I must say, after many, many cheap rods and reels, you in fact get what you pay for. Any reel less than 60 or 70 quid is a waste of money. Performance and durability is what you pay for.

That reel posted may last a season fishing for small Roche or perch but it's useless in any big water

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Reel arrived this morning, have to say on first impressions not too bad a reel at all, seems well put together for a 4€ reel. Lets see how it copes on the water this weekend.

Was just coming in to say that I have received mine. Similar to viper123 I haven't used it yet, but I'm actually impressed. To be very honest I expected to see major flaws straight out of the box, or for it to fall apart in my hands, or at the very least to be rough and clunky. But it's not. It's doesn't look like a €100 reel but it sure doesn't look like a €3.53 reel either. I'll be trying this out for sure. I'll probably take it drop shotting when I get a chance.

Advertisement