Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for an order to be processed?

Options
  • 28-06-2016 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I made do with bin bags for bin collection for a long time. Bags are now being phased out and I had no choice in the matter but to check out the local bin collection company - Barna Waste - collection for the west and sign up for wheelie bins. I went with a 6 month subscription to be paid on a monthly basis and I will review it every 6 months. First payment has been taken from my account last night because that's when I signed up for them.

I took a screenshot of the acknowledgement and order number and it said once the order has been processed you will receive an email with information on the delivery of your bins.

My issue is that there has been no update whatsoever today. I do plenty of online shopping, mainly on Irish shops or sites and more often then not orders are processed fairly fast.

I don't know if I should get onto the company tomorrow morning. I hope they don't go dilly dallying about making me wait weeks for bins while I pay a monthly fee.

Also on the acknowledgement I got, it gave an account number and pin number and mentions to give an hour for the account to be activated. There is a section online with 'my account'
    That was last night.

Tuesday evening now and it's not working.

Another issue is that they take money right there and then but when it comes to fulfilling an order, they dilly dally.

I do online shopping all the time from clothes shopping, to chemist buying, to groceries and orders are fulfilled lively.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just remember that a bin company is not an online retailer like those you usually buy from. Give them a call if you are concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Is this similar to a previous thread of yours where you ordered online from debenhams and they didn't ship in your timeframe and you wanted to do a chargeback because you thought they were messing you around.

Every online retailer messes you about. Don't shop online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

I made do with bin bags for bin collection for a long time. Bags are now being phased out and I had no choice in the matter but to check out the local bin collection company - Barna Waste - collection for the west and sign up for wheelie bins. I went with a 6 month subscription to be paid on a monthly basis and I will review it every 6 months. First payment has been taken from my account last night because that's when I signed up for them.

I took a screenshot of the acknowledgement and order number and it said once the order has been processed you will receive an email with information on the delivery of your bins.

My issue is that there has been no update whatsoever today. I do plenty of online shopping, mainly on Irish shops or sites and more often then not orders are processed fairly fast.

I don't know if I should get onto the company tomorrow morning. I hope they don't go dilly dallying about making me wait weeks for bins while I pay a monthly fee.

Also on the acknowledgement I got, it gave an account number and pin number and mentions to give an hour for the account to be activated. There is a section online with 'my account'
    That was last night.

Tuesday evening now and it's not working.

Another issue is that they take money right there and then but when it comes to fulfilling an order, they dilly dally.

I do online shopping all the time from clothes shopping, to chemist buying, to groceries and orders are fulfilled lively.

You signed up last night? I think a reasonable time frame would be about 3-5 business days but if you call them I'm sure you'll get a response. A lot of people are also probably in the same boat with the phasing out bags so there may be a backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Wow - you sign up Monday NIGHT and you don't have your bin service a few hours later and then you are complaining on a public forum???????????

Is your post for real?

As for then whining about money being taken immediately - put it this way, if any online operator didn't take money immediately, I'd be worried as it would then mean they have access to your card details, cvv number, and address which in my opinion would be a security issue.

Almost all online retailers use third party secure payment gateways to provide realtime payment and high level of security.- Only the very biggest such as amazon have their own systems that match the security of the financial gateways.

Looks like you stalk sites you buy from - chill out, sometimes it just takes a little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@VincePP - tone it back a little, please, or phrase your advice in a way that's a bit more constructive

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Thanks for the replies. I didn't expect bins to be delivered overnight or even in a few days.

When I wrote this my gut instinct was telling me something because although I received an automated email of my order there was nothing the following day. Even something general like - your order is now processed and delivery of bins will be such a date. I left it for the remainder of that week and last week too til the end of the week. There was no progress made with my order.

On Friday I tried phoning but there was no answer and then I sent an email in which it wasn't responded to. I tried phoning again earlier today and left a voice message but it wasn't responded to. I rang again in the evening and eventually someone picked up but there was a long wait. The woman behaved extremely dumb eventually taking details and saying she will phone back but that didn't happen. It appears to me that she had no knowledge of my order and that I wasn't on their system.

I'll be phoning back again in the morning but I doubt I'll be getting very far at all.

Where do I stand here?

The money was taken out from my account. Bin collection is fortnightly and I'll be missing this week's bin collection by the looks of things. I signed up going for a 6 month service to be paid monthly and I haven't received any bins to use the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Thanks for the replies. I didn't expect bins to be delivered overnight or even in a few days.

When I wrote this my gut instinct was telling me something because although I received an automated email of my order there was nothing the following day. Even something general like - your order is now processed and delivery of bins will be such a date. I left it for the remainder of that week and last week too til the end of the week. There was no progress made with my order.

On Friday I tried phoning but there was no answer and then I sent an email in which it wasn't responded to. I tried phoning again earlier today and left a voice message but it wasn't responded to. I rang again in the evening and eventually someone picked up but there was a long wait. The woman behaved extremely dumb eventually taking details and saying she will phone back but that didn't happen. It appears to me that she had no knowledge of my order and that I wasn't on their system.

I'll be phoning back again in the morning but I doubt I'll be getting very far at all.

Where do I stand here?

The money was taken out from my account. Bin collection is fortnightly and I'll be missing this week's bin collection by the looks of things. I signed up going for a 6 month service to be paid monthly and I haven't received any bins to use the service.

You have proof that the money was taken from your account, and with fortnightly collections you've paid for 13 collections. Once your bin actually arrives, work out what the first and last collection dates should be, and call them to ensure that the last collection date on their system matches what you're paying for.

If, on the other hand, you just want to cancel completely, then I'd suggest emailing them as such (and requesting a refund as no service was provided), and sending a registered letter to them the same day. I'm guessing as you say the money is gone from your account that you went with a direct debit? If that's the case, make sure you cancel the direct debit with your bank as well in writing. Keep copies of all letters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Thoie wrote: »
    You have proof that the money was taken from your account, and with fortnightly collections you've paid for 13 collections. Once your bin actually arrives, work out what the first and last collection dates should be, and call them to ensure that the last collection date on their system matches what you're paying for.

If, on the other hand, you just want to cancel completely, then I'd suggest emailing them as such (and requesting a refund as no service was provided), and sending a registered letter to them the same day. I'm guessing as you say the money is gone from your account that you went with a direct debit? If that's the case, make sure you cancel the direct debit with your bank as well in writing. Keep copies of all letters.

Thanks for your reply. If I get things sorted I will do some calculations on dates and phone them up.

Cancelling won't be very ideal because there is no other bin collection company servicing my area and traveling into the dump once a month or so isn't an option because I don't have a car. So for now I will have to keep at them to see where I stand with them.

I find it completely bizarre because it was as if my name and details and order wasn't on their system but I have an email - the automated email and also a screen shot of the order number.

I'll phone tomorrow and see how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Every company processes orders differently.
    Granted most big retailers are usually on the ball with automated updates, but most regular companies don't bother.

I've dealt with many that don't even acknowledge that I made the order. They just haven't caught up to the level of customer service set by those who can afford professionally designed storefronts and ERP systems.

Advertisement