Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Tunnel Delayed

Options
  • 28-06-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

A friend of mine tells me that the Phoenix park tunnel being reopened is being delayed until the end of the year.

This would do wonders for the commute to inner city Dublin from Carlow/Kildare. Anyone know what the set backs are a result of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I think it's to do with the junction/signal upgrade at Connolly, Oct/November the date being bandied about. More info here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057393984&page=23
    and
    http://www.irishrail.ie/news/phoenixparktunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

according to the official link to the project from last year, it was planned as Autumn 2016 and still is the case, so how can you say its delayed when its actually on schedule ?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

Is this a bit of a false dawn? I think that they said that there would only be 5 / 6 services per day using the tunnel. That would be practically useless if so. Anyone know more?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

twenty8 wrote: »
    Is this a bit of a false dawn? I think that they said that there would only be 5 / 6 services per day using the tunnel. That would be practically useless if so. Anyone know more?

Hourly off-peak and possible 30min peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭webwayz

Irish rail advertising hurling semi-final "croke park" specials this weekend, to heuston station! pity the phoenix park tunnel is not up and running to run trains to drumcondra for this.
    Or indeed use athlone to mullingar line to run trains from galway to croke park

• Advertisement
Advertisement