Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house when the seller is the bank

Options
  • 28-06-2016 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, everyone !

I`m wondering if there is someone who bought or is in the process to buy a house which is sell by the bank and wants to share their story ? e.g. How long was the process , or if it failed at the end ?

Currently, I`m in this process - to buy a house which is selling by the bank . When I found that the bank is the seller , I told to myself that I`m not the first and not the last person who is involved in this game . A game which is not easy at all . :(
    I`m first buyer, I went sale agreed over a month , all my paperwork(loan pack approved by the bank , house valuation, surveyor) is done just I wait for closing date . What it left to be done is house insurance+mortgage protection ... and obviously to pay solicitor, stamp duty , etc .

My solicitor told me to look for another property, but I`m not sure what to do .

Thank you in advance !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Try doing a search on here. This comes up so often it's bordering on needing a forum sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 MeeMoo

athtrasna wrote: »
    Try doing a search on here. This comes up so often it's bordering on needing a forum sticky.

I`ve search already but nothing concluded . :( .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I bought an apartment 12 years ago. Didn't realise until after I signed that I was buying from a bank. If I had realised, then I would have offered 10 or 15k less, because I got the impression that they just wanted rid of it. There wasn't any delays or hitches with the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭campingcarist

When buying from a bank (receiver) be prepared to wait 4,5 or even 6 months for all the paperwork to be completed. Banks and receivers are not very quick in dealing with any queries your solicitor may have.

Advertisement