Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How bad is traffic congestion to Mahon from N22

Options
  • 28-06-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have an appointment at the Mater at 8.45a.m. I will be leaving from Ballincollig area so going straight on the bypass. I have never had to travel to Mahon in the morning before and not sure how bad traffic might be as I approach the slip road for Mahon. Is it backed up for ages or does it disperse quick enough. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

angeline wrote: »
    Hi. I have an appointment at the Mater at 8.45a.m. I will be leaving from Ballincollig area so going straight on the bypass. I have never had to travel to Mahon in the morning before and not sure how bad traffic might be as I approach the slip road for Mahon. Is it backed up for ages or does it disperse quick enough. Thanks.

It's not half as bad at the moment as it is in the winter, when all the schools are open, etc. 10-15 mins in addition to normal driving time should be more than enough. Queue rarely goes back beyond Brookfield these mornings, but it will be slow moving right up to the hospital with the office traffic.

If you put your route into Google maps and change the departure time to the morning, you might get a more accurate figure though!

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Yeah it was the office traffic I was worried about and the staff at Mahon Point. I was planning on leaving at 8am so should have plenty of time so. Thanks for that.

Advertisement