Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Construction outside but not on fibre map

Options
  • 28-06-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I keep seeing telecommunications construction outside my house where the internet cables are which hasn't been touched in about 15 years, and an open eir car passing up and down for about a month. But on the fibre rollout map my house is further than 2km away from the cabinet which is being built. I'm on the very edge of the exchange boundary for Newtownshadrum and the rural fibre routes end about 1km away from me.

Does it take a while to update the map with new cabinets or is this something else? Do homes close to the edge of exchange boundaries get fibre?

I'll take anything faster than my €40 a month 1mbp/s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Weses wrote: »
    I keep seeing telecommunications construction outside my house where the internet cables are which hasn't been touched in about 15 years, and an open eir car passing up and down for about a month. But on the fibre rollout map my house is further than 2km away from the cabinet which is being built. I'm on the very edge of the exchange boundary for Newtownshadrum and the rural fibre routes end about 1km away from me.

Does it take a while to update the map with new cabinets or is this something else? Do homes close to the edge of exchange boundaries get fibre?

I'll take anything faster than my €40 a month 1mbp/s
    Hi Weses,

Thanks for getting in touch. 
    Can you PM me your account details so I can pinpoint your exact location and I'd be more than happy to check this for you. :)

-Pamela 

Advertisement