Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about links.

Options
  • 28-06-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

I'm new here and want to know what the story about posting links is because I wanted to share a short film I produced that is currently in a competition at the moment. I wanted to ask if people to vote for it as well so wanted to find out what the rules are about posting links

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there.

You won't be able to post links until your account is older than 10 days, and also until you have 25 posts. This was introduced in order to prevent people spamming the site en masse.

After that, you also won't be permitted to post links to your project without first seeking the prior permission from the Moderators of the whatever forum you had in mind.

-Shield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

First issue then:

no-one can post links until they have an account for at least 10 days, and 25 posts or more.

Second issue:

people posting things in an attempt to gain votes for them, is normally regarded as little more than spam. You could ask the mod of the intended forum first, and while they may allow it, it's quite likely they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BigN01

Hey

Thanks for the information. Also was a bit tired writing that message. What I meant to say was ask people if they liked the Short Film could they Vote for it if they wanted to but I get what your saying Spear about it being a little more than spam so if that's frowned upon then I'll leave it off. We're so far in the competition I said I'd give here a try but if it's a no go then no worries. Thanks again :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

FYI we have a thread in Film Production for promoting short films people have made. You can post a link to your film there if you like - once. But starting new threads or replying to existing ones in the Films forums to promote/shill your work isn't allowed. We've had far too much of this over the years and it was having a negative effect on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BigN01

Oh right

Nice one, That's all I was looking to do. I didn't want to be posting it all over here, just the once in the right section. Thanks for the info

• Advertisement
Advertisement