Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paced miles 3rd July Phoenix park

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Anybody know the route? Doing a 180 degree turn is going to impact your time and it wouldn't be fair to run it in 1 direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aoboa

Did this on Sunday.
    Great event.
    Have never done a paced mile or even a mile as fast as I could.
    Figured I'd be somewhere 6:30ish so went with the 6m pace group and came in at 6:27 on my watch.
    Great fun but a mile flat-out is a different feeling altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

It was a great event alright, especially since its free. It was very inclusive of all abilities from the 5 minute milers to the 12.
    My poor legs are in bits today, more so than after the marathon! I now appreciate a mile at maximum effort is harder than a low effort marathon!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

+1 Did it myself...wasn't sure how it would work with an out and back course compared to the laps of Alsaa track previously but it worked quite well. The 5 minute pacer managed to miss the cone @ 800m to turn about and we had to let out a yell to him....he had one job! :) Ah not complainin though as it was a free event...even got a some water and free copy of Irish Runner Magazine...pity I won't be able to make the next one :-(

Advertisement