Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty on phone

Options
  • 28-06-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    Long story short I have an iPhone 6s Plus 128gb a bought outright last October. I bought for the sole purpose of the battery as up until now it's lived up to its expectations. I use my phone through out the day on data as well as after work. I get between 2/3 days typically however there are times it's less. The times that are less it's generally from watching Netflix etc. What I've noticed is that whilst I still get decent battery life, it's not lasting as long as it used to but also its dying at 18%-20%. It won't turn back on as it says I need to charge and then when I do plug it back in it starts charging at 18%-20%.
    My question is if I send it to Apple will they repair the phone under the 12 month warranty
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Probably a faulty battery, and yes Apple should replace it.

But first (just so you can say you tried everything) I would suggest fully draining the battery until it switches off and re-charging it to full. If it fails at 18 percent before it reaches 0, then plug it in until it comes back on, then unplug it and leave it to drain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I would suggest avoiding going 2/3 days without charging your iPhone. Running it from 100% down to power off, isn't good for the long term life of the battery.

Plugging in your device to top it off every so often is a good practice for the maintenance of a Li-ion battery.

The calibration technique suggested by the above poster will reset the % indicator, giving you more realistic levels, which could prevent it from shutting down at 20%.

To answer your question. If you call Apple, they will run a diagnostic on your battery to detect if it requires service or not.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement