Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding Businesses to Invest In

Options
  • 28-06-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

If someone had a 6 figure sum that they'd like to invest into 2 or 3 businesses, are there any good opportunities in this country to find potential investments? Are there any opportunities for companies to pitch there business/start-up (without having to go on Dragons Den!)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If someone had a 6 figure sum that they'd like to invest into 2 or 3 businesses, are there any good opportunities in this country to find potential investments? Are there any opportunities for companies to pitch there business/start-up (without having to go on Dragons Den!)?

Better chance to do the lotto than invest your money in strangers ,on the off chance that it is successful the profit will be eaten up giving wage increases, hiring friends and family etc ,anything rather than give you back profits

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Duckett

make contact with HBAN if you are serious - http://www.hban.org/
    also reach out to the Growth Capital team at Enterprise Ireland
    be clear about the sector you are interested in and what you bring in addition to capital

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

There are plenty of opportunities to meet tech startups. Just go to the various meetups, or down to the NDRC. I would imagine it is harder to meet the dragons' den type businesses as there are no obvious meetups.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I was at Dublin Beta a few weeks back. Thought there might be some opportunities there with potential start ups. However I found the whole thing to be lacking a bit. There was some nice tech ideas but not much that I thought would even be worth investing in.

Maybe there are some better meet ups. I do like the idea of reaching out to the Growth Capital team at Enterprise Ireland.

Actually another thing I was wondering, has anyone heard of any (even moderately) successful stories from the Business Partner thread here? Would be good to hear some experiences people have of that, although it might be for another thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is it cash ? What kind of risk are you looking to take ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

pedroeibar1

I have already had to delete your "waste of space" posts as they were not in keeping with the charter of the forum. If you don't like this thread then please post somewhere else. But if you post anything else in this thread attacking the posters previous posts on other threads, entering into destructive spats with other posters etc you will receive a one month ban.

Thanks

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

I wouldn't say I'm actively seeking something. But I'd like to attend more tech meet-ups (or similar events) and If I found an opportunity that I thought I could add value to then I would consider investing.

But the idea of this thread was more to have a general discussion on the topic. People might know of upcoming events that may be worth attending. there's possibly even some people here who have invested in projects wanted to share their experiences...

Advertisement