Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First pair of chelsea boots?

• 28-06-2016 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

19 year old male here hoping to buy his first pair of chelsea boots are a long debate.
    Most my age don't wear boots nevermind chelsea boots so that was a barrier to me buying them, but I've decided that that sets me apart, probably in a good way (hopefully)
    I'm looking at a pair of college now. I'm undecided on a number of things,
    Should get brown or black, suede or leather?
    I tend to wear skinny (slim fitting) jeans in mid wash, light wash and black. So I think brown suede may suit better but if I was going with leather I'd get black.
    Any suggestions on boots? Budget is under €200.
    Any idea on what/which I should get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

My opinion is first pair in black leather. The original classic. Brown will not go with your black, and possibly mid wash jeans.

Try Debenhams - I got a pair on sale for €70.

One thing to watch out for - any boots might be difficult with slim fit jeans. Every time you stand up, the legs of the the jeans will catch on the tops of the boots, and look a bit odd. Might want to wear the slimest jeans when trying them on, and do a few sit-down and stand-up exercises in the shop.

Other than that - I love Chelsea boots, have them in black and brown, and am looking at a suede pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

In general - plain black leather is your best bet for boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

I always thought black leather are more for older people, well considering I'm 19, people who are 30+.
    I would only really wear black leather boots (like Paul Smith Falconer) with black skinny jeans, and brown suede with other denim. That being said leather would be easier to keep clean, but I feel suede is more in style in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

TheBiz wrote: »
    I always thought black leather are more for older people, well considering I'm 19, people who are 30+.
    I would only really wear black leather boots (like Paul Smith Falconer) with black skinny jeans, and brown suede with other denim. That being said leather would be easier to keep clean, but I feel suede is more in style in recent years.

It's your choice, but the advice was leather.
    I can see from your other threads that your very fashion conscious; if you want to be "trendy" your going to have to take risks- good luck OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I would go for leather over suede, and brown over black. I think brown can go with most things, but summer and winter, where as black can look a bit harsh against certain colours.

Only you know what will work best with whats already in your wardrobe however :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Would you consider these, OP? I have this colour chelsea boot from Clarks and I wear them with EVERYTHING and feel that they go quite well with black jeans, faded black, navy, blue, dark blue, purple...

Saw them on the Topman website. Seeing as you're a student, you could get a little discount too ;)

TM97E12LTAN_Zoom_F_1.jpg

Advertisement