Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin to Naas by Bus or Train

• 28-06-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I need to get to Naas from Dublin without my car later this week. What's the best option?

Bus from town / train?

I hear there's a bus from Dublin Airport that goes through Naas and I could get to the airport easily enough if that's the best option.

I rarely take public transport so don't know where any buses going from Dublin to Naas stop, whether I need to buy tickets in advance etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Where in Naas? Where in Dublin? Too little information.

Input your details here www.a-b.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Dublin Coach have an hourly service from the Airport going to Portlaoise, it serves the Red Cow Luas stop and Naas. €10adult/€5student from Airport and €5/€3 from Red Cow Luas stop.

Bus Eireann have route 126 which serves Naas from Connolly station luas stop(hourly). Bus Eireann day return adult is €10.26 from connolly station to the post office stop.

The train only stops in Sallins and the feeder bus does not serve all trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Dublin Coach have an hourly service from the Airport going to Portlaoise, it serves the Red Cow Luas stop and Naas. €10adult/€5student from Airport and €5/€3 from Red Cow Luas stop.

Bus Eireann have route 126 which serves Naas from Connolly station luas stop(hourly). Bus Eireann day return adult is €10.26 from connolly station to the post office stop.

The train only stops in Sallins and the feeder bus does not serve all trains.

Thanks for that. Not far from the airport myself so have a lift arranged to there and will bus it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

tempnam wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Not far from the airport myself so have a lift arranged to there and will bus it from there.

The Dublin Coach fare is €10 each way from the airport and €5 each way if a student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭Vic_08

tempnam wrote: »

That's €10 each way with Dublin Coach, €20 return. They really bilk airport passengers on that route while practically giving away local fares (€2 return Naas-Monastereven) to try to run the competition off the road.

• Advertisement
Advertisement