Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in london - oyster, travel card or london pass?

• 28-06-2016 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Traveling to london, heathrow 2 adults & 1 15 yr old for 3 days. We want to do the normal touristy stuff (covent garden, buckingham palace, piccaddily circus, madame tussauds hop on/off tour bus & lots of shopping :))
    Can anyone advise whether we'd be better off buying oyster/travel card/london pass & oyster. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh, just for convenience sake do get Oyster Cards for all. If you aren't planning on returning to London anytime soon thereafter you can get your £10 back for each if you return them all.

Buses only accept Oyster Cards or valid contactless bank cards anyway. Get Oyster Cards for all and put £25 in each or something and that should almost do you for the weekend.

Covent Garden/Picadilly Circus/Leicester Square/Buckingham Palace/Oxford Street all within walking distance of eachother but the walking can become tedious, especially if the weather isn't great!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭shazza07

That's great thanks for replying callaway92 that's what I was thinking of doing ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭coleen

Google 2 for 1 London offers and if you have a train ticket you get 2 for the price of 1 on some attractions.
    I have used it on the London Eye and in the Tower of London good reductions to be had.
    Also look up free things to do in London 1 that I did was a roof top bar in a shopping centre near St Paul's Cathedral you an go up there with kids for a while no one approaches you to spend at the bar and it has great views !

Advertisement