Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mail Oirgin

Options
  • 29-06-2016 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I know in my past systems if I wanted to discover the real path an e-mail took to get to me I only had to hi-lite the email, right click and select properties, I then got a look at a page that showed the original email address the mail was sent from even if the address on the "From" field said Pres Obama. I have not had to do this in years and am now using MS outlook 2013. Recently some ppl in my address been have been receiving emails purporting to be from me, my email address while in fact they are not. As I had done in the past I tried to find the original provenance of the e-mails but I do not seem to be able to elicit this information using MS Outlook. There is no option when I right click on the e-mail to get any information and even when I add a "Properties" option to the ribon it does not given me the kind of info I am looking for, namely the original sender of the mail, so I turn to you guys from some ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

This works for Outlook 2010 and I think it's the same for 2013.

Open up the e-mail in it's own window and then do a File->Properties.

You are looking for the "Internet Headers" box, which is at the bottom of the window. You can select and copy the text in that box out to Notepad to have a better look.

Advertisement