Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aus Post options - Police Clearance

Options
  • 29-06-2016 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm sending a written request from Australia to my old garda station for a Police Clearance certificate for a visa.

The garda process states I need to include "A stamped, self addressed envelope" so I need to include a prepaid envelope with the letter so that they can send the police cert. Now, at an aus post office the assistant has told me that I can't send a prepaid envelope, only some "coupons". I'd imagine sending coupons would only endanger or delay the chances of this reliably working.

Anyone had experience of this? Any solutions outside of getting someone in Ireland to send in the request letter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

crazy8 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm sending a written request from Australia to my old garda station for a Police Clearance certificate for a visa.

The garda process states I need to include "A stamped, self addressed envelope" so I need to include a prepaid envelope with the letter so that they can send the police cert. Now, at an aus post office the assistant has told me that I can't send a prepaid envelope, only some "coupons". I'd imagine sending coupons would only endanger or delay the chances of this reliably working.

Anyone had experience of this? Any solutions outside of getting someone in Ireland to send in the request letter?

I suspect you need an Irish stamp for outgoing mail in Ireland. Could you not apply for your certificate and get it sent to a family members house and get them to forward it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

The coupons are called International Reply Coupons. You cash em in at the post office for stamps. Pain in the ring to be dealing with. As poster above says , do it through relatives here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

I emailed my local Garda station & asked them to send it to my parents address. They asked me to just provide my Aussie address & they'd send it on without me having to provide anything. Maybe I just got lucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Called the respective superintendent's office and said they would do it by email. Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

They will also send a scan if requested as well as posting by mail the original police clearance certificate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement