Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auto bracket with a single press

Options
  • 29-06-2016 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all

My camera allows me to bracket a scene at multiple exposure but I have to press the shutter release once for each shot/exposure.

Is there a camera available in the Micro 4/3 market which allows the capture of multiple exposures with a single photo? IE the camera does work and writes several shots from a single press?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I don't know the answer to your question but a work around that I use is to shoot in continuous shooting mode, this means press and hold rather than 3 individual presses

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭kc56

Also if you use a remote release or a 2sec or 10sec timer (on Canon) then the bracketed shots will fire automatically in sequence.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Not sure about Micro 4/3 but on the Nikon D800 I can set the number of exposures to bracket (up to 9) and then hit the shutter release in Continuous mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Look at the pentax lumix range.. Im sure they do it.. not 100% though..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

eladnova wrote: »
    Hi all

My camera allows me to bracket a scene at multiple exposure but I have to press the shutter release once for each shot/exposure.

Is there a camera available in the Micro 4/3 market which allows the capture of multiple exposures with a single photo? IE the camera does work and writes several shots from a single press?

Thanks

RTFM!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

RTFM!!!!

Super helpful!

CabanSail wrote: »
    Not sure about Micro 4/3 but on the Nikon D800 I can set the number of exposures to bracket (up to 9) and then hit the shutter release in Continuous mode.

Thanks. That might be the best option provided there's not too much movement between exposures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Super helpful!

I'm sorry it didn't give you the exact answer or the page number from your user manual help but generally the manual does provide a lot of the answers you ask.

In a nutshell, multi bracketing is available on nearly all dslr's out there at present. And use a tripod as it will make a huge difference when putting them all together afterwards.

I'm sorry it didn't give you the exact answer or the page number from your user manual help but generally the manual does provide a lot of the answers you ask. Be a grown up and look ffs

If you read my original question, I wasn't asking for any help regarding the camera or manual I actually own. :-/

Reading "TFM" of the numerous cameras that I don't own (and to which I was referring) would be quite time consuming so I was simply asking other members. It's a forum. People ask questions. That's the general idea!

If you want to be insulting and unhelpful, you're welcome to not contribute.
    Over and out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

If you read my original question, I wasn't asking for any help regarding the camera or manual I actually own. :-/

Reading "TFM" of the numerous cameras that I don't own (and to which I was referring) would be quite time consuming so I was simply asking other members. It's a forum. People ask questions. That's the general idea!

If you want to be insulting and unhelpful, you're welcome to not contribute.
    Over and out.

What camera do you own, the one that will auto-bracket but requires you to press and release the shutter for each exposure, out of interest?

• Advertisement

What camera do you own, the one that will auto-bracket but requires you to press and release the shutter for each exposure, out of interest?

I have a Lumix GX8. It's a Panasonic Micro 4/3.

It does allow me to bracket in burst mode and it's really quick. I've discovered this since fixing my remote shutter and setting it to 'lock'.

I can take 7 RAWs in probably less than a second.

Was just curious if any cameras had an inbuilt mechanism to take a single RAW. The camera would then dynamically split that single shot into a few bracketed photos.

Anywho - since the original question I'm pretty happy with burst mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭BreadnBuddha

I have a Lumix GX8. It's a Panasonic Micro 4/3.

It does allow me to bracket in burst mode and it's really quick. I've discovered this since fixing my remote shutter and setting it to 'lock'.

I can take 7 RAWs in probably less than a second.

Was just curious if any cameras had an inbuilt mechanism to take a single RAW. The camera would then dynamically split that single shot into a few bracketed photos.

Anywho - since the original question I'm pretty happy with burst mode.

If I understand you correctly, what you're looking for is actually Auto ISO Bracketing.

But seriously, why bother? Shoot RAW, exposure comp in your editor later. It's the exact same result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

RTFM!!!!

No need for that here , we want more active users on this forum.

Advertisement