Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property

Options
  • 29-06-2016 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    We are young couple and planning to buy a house in Bettystown or laytown. Can anyone help us with the genuine up to date info regarding positive and negative aspects of the area, people, services, prospect etc.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

Sam2016 wrote: »
    Hi
    We are young couple and planning to buy a house in Bettystown or laytown. Can anyone help us with the genuine up to date info regarding positive and negative aspects of the area, people, services, prospect etc.
    Thanks

I don't live there but work there. I love it the people are lovely that I've met. Fab village feel to it. Lovely beach and close to a lot of things. Everyone knows everyone as such if I didn't work there I'd live there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sam2016

Dee5 wrote: »
    I don't live there but work there. I love it the people are lovely that I've met. Fab village feel to it. Lovely beach and close to a lot of things. Everyone knows everyone as such if I didn't work there I'd live there

Thanks Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

Hi
    Thanks

I would hold off for a couple of months Brexit will have an effect on house prices but I am uncertain which way it will push them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

fliball123 wrote: »
    I would hold off for a couple of months Brexit will have an effect on house prices but I am uncertain which way it will push them

If anything Brexit will push the prices of houses up, do the influx of workers from the UK.

We are not going to feel any effects of Brexit for another couple of years.

OP, if this house is right for you, then buy it now. If you don't, it's almost a certainty that someone else will.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭degzs

fliball123 wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks

Why do you think Breexit will have affect on house prices in Ireland? Interesting to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

degzs wrote: »
    Why do you think Breexit will have affect on house prices in Ireland? Interesting to see what happens.

As above, Brexit won't cause prices to decrease in value, only increase, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Because all the Brits are now running over to Ireland, buy property and then the price ....aeh.... goes down? ...

Not sure if any logic should be applied to this, i think its mostly an emotional argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

degzs wrote: »

Well its a domino effect I think you will find a lot less confidence from buyers and banks lending but like I say I am not sure which way the wind will blow but the smart person would at least hold back for a month or so and try and see where brexit pushes things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

The OP asked a specific question. This thread is not a place for speculation about other issues

Advertisement