Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good *wide* family car

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Funmum05

The car definitely feels heavier but now that I've hit the 1k mark the power is coming in. I would've loved the 210bhp but couldn't justify 48k for it before adding the extras i wanted plus I prefer manual to powershift. I thought I would've noticed a hell of a lot more power then my old one which was the 143bhp, while there is a difference its not huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Just found this Turkish(!) website with some new 5008 images I haven't seen before (other country's websites are also available, I'm sure :p ):
    http://www.ahaber.com.tr/galeri/otomobil/2017-peugeot-5008
    But specifically, this one show the dimensions:
    http://i.ahaber.com.tr/galeri/otomobil/2017-peugeot-5008/1_d.jpg
    The crucial one there is labelled N across the back seats which is 1432mm, which is actually less than the old 5008 that I linked to earlier which labelled N as 1442mm. So if Peugeot are using the same measuring criteria, that suggests the new 5008 is actually narrower across the back seats than the old one. :eek:

But bearing in mind when I personally measured the old 5008's actual seat base width as being 1320mm (which was less than my S-Max's 1400mm), I can only conclude that the new 5008, despite having 3 separate seats will not be wide enough :(

Also, looking at the N measurement of overall internal width, the new (1432mm) is less than the old (1442mm). The external dimensions look wider on the new 5008 though, so where's all the space being wasted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭LaLa2004

Gwynston wrote: »
    The crucial one there is labelled N across the back seats which is 1432mm, which is actually less than the old 5008 that I linked to earlier which labelled N as 1442mm. So if Peugeot are using the same measuring criteria, that suggests the new 5008 is actually narrower across the back seats than the old one.

1442mm - 1432mm = 1 centimetre

Not worth getting worked up about a reduction of 1cm in the width of a car.

I've come back for an update on this (been offline due to family bereavement).

Just to summarise - I was looking for a nearly-new car to replace our old S-Max but the new model seemed to have taken a big leap in price and so I was considering other family cars and SUVs which were a bit cheaper. But as this thread covers, I found that most of them didn't provide enough space for my 3 kids across the back seats. So I ended up with...

... another S-Max! :D

I've noticed since the new year quite a few year-old 150bhp ones coming on the market, many of them UK imports that dealers here are bringing in. Quite a few also with high spec: leather seats, reverse camera etc.

In the end a very high-spec Titanium Sport X-Pack with 180bhp became available for not much more than a lot of the others on sale, but crucially the dealer was offering me a much better trade-in than others.

So I ended up spending more than I'd planned, but have a really high-spec car, and most importantly it meets our space demands as well as our old car! :cool:

@Funmum05 - I think we basically have the same car you got (or should have done) The sports kit really makes a big difference, and I'm glad we have the 180bhp engine as it overall doesn't feel much faster than our old S-Max, so the 150bhp engine would have felt underpowered to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Funmum05

I'm thrilled you got the S max. It really is the best in its class. Mine is only coming into its own now with regards speed. Definitely needed the 180bhp, I had the 140 before hand and while nippy once up to speed it could be sluggish getting there.

I'm still trying to get the sports kit on mine 9 weeks later. Its gotten so bad all I can do is laugh. My car has been in twice, first time they got the wrong piece in so couldn't put the skirts on, 2nd time they thought they had it all done until I pointed out that the front grille wasn't the black honeycomb. They then tried to pawn me off, because I had the front camera I couldn't get the honeycomb grille. I politely pointed out that the pack came with the front camera as standard so of course they could get the grille. They have since had 2 more grilles delivered and are still wrong. This is has gone as far as Ford Ireland and they are just as useless. Their sales staff don't stand a chance of getting anything right if ford Ireland can't manage it.

On a side note keep an eye on the radio esp if its the sync 3, there are known issues with it cutting out. Mine has stopped working twice and the garage have been informed, also the hill start only randomly works now. My car just seems to be cursed from the day I ordered it lol

No problems with radio or hill start yet, although we've only had it a week. Think ours has Sync 2.

Really liking the smooth ride - very solid feeling car. My wife likes the comfort and styling, space in the back is fine, despite being slightly less than the old S-Max.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble getting your spec corrected. Hope it's sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 colemanja

The best wide family car you can get is the VW Amarok, I waited so long for a Kodiaq and then it wouldn't fit my three car seas in the back - opted for a VW Amarok - I am so delighted I did - what a machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread is old.
    We'll see if someone else comes along asking for suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement