Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woman wins $10,000 after suing Microsoft over 'Forced' Windows 10 Upgrade

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Here is the way to avoid Windows 10 - trustworthy and reliable (and no I'm not recommending Linux)

The author of this script is highly respected in the world of IT security - Steve Gibson

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

BTW, good on that woman in successfully suing Microsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 29,490 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

What's the Craic with 10? Worth upgrading?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

excollier wrote: »
    Here is the way to avoid Windows 10 - trustworthy and reliable (and no I'm not recommending Linux)

The author of this script is highly respected in the world of IT security - Steve Gibson

I've used that quite a bit. It's nice and handy. :D
    Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's the Craic with 10? Worth upgrading?

That depends. If you are on Windows 7 and are happy, you're probably better off staying on it.

If you are on Windows 8.1 and preferred the Windows 7 interface and have a reasonably new machine (1-2 years) then you might find Windows 10 a better option.

I've had neighbours with 6 year old laptops that got suckered into upgrading to Windows 10 (because M$FT said it was suitable) and struggle to use their machines now. So I've been busy helping them out.

You have until the end of July (I think) before the "free" upgrade is no longer available, so if you wanted you can take the upgrade - see how it goes - if you don't like it within 30 days, you can roll it back. After 30 days, you're stuck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    I've used that quite a bit. It's nice and handy. :D

That depends. If you are on Windows 7 and are happy, you're probably better off staying on it.

If you are on Windows 8.1 and preferred the Windows 7 interface and have a reasonably new machine (1-2 years) then you might find Windows 10 a better option.

I've had neighbours with 6 year old laptops that got suckered into upgrading to Windows 10 (because M$FT said it was suitable) and struggle to use their machines now. So I've been busy helping them out.

You have until the end of July (I think) before the "free" upgrade is no longer available, so if you wanted you can take the upgrade - see how it goes - if you don't like it within 30 days, you can roll it back. After 30 days, you're stuck with it.

When that happens does it mean ms will remove their annoying windows symbol on our taskbars.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    When that happens does it mean ms will remove their annoying windows symbol on our taskbars.

I don't know TBH - but use this tool and it will be gone forever! :p
    excollier wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

My housemates PC was upgraded automatically - but as it's a fairly old PC there are no audio drivers for it under Win10, so everything but the sound works. He's pretty furious!

My housemates PC was upgraded automatically - but as it's a fairly old PC there are no audio drivers for it under Win10, so everything but the sound works. He's pretty furious!

3890959.jpg

Advertisement