Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyover Bridge danger

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Imagine being the type of person who lurks there through the hours of darkness waiting for a car.....the guy must have a loose screw

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭germanator

I fail to see how they thought clearing the trees would do anything to solve the issue, because for rocks to be dropped on cars underneath these people would have to be out near enough the middle section of the bridge anyway and not in at the sides? Unless they seem to think the rocks are not being dropped from the bridge itself but being thrown from the ditches at either side?

Just came across this on facebook... so whats the story with this, it seems funding was granted 5 years ago but nothing was done with it? I know the railings were raised but that would have only taken a mere fraction of the €175,000 budget!

Message received regarding the flyover:
    "ive been going through the internet and came across this article which dates back to 2011! After the other articles from 2010 from the guards about all the damage done to cars and the council looking to carry out works to stop it from happening it seems that funding was granted for the works to be carried out over 5 years ago in 2011! So that being the case why has no work been done? And more importantly where did the €175,000 funding go if it wasnt used on the flyover??? Did somebody in the council have a big shopping spree??"

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/newrossstandard/news/funding-approved-for-milltown-bridge-27507922.html

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

it will be forgotten about when the by pass is eventually complete....whenever that happens. but on another note what is with all the red construction traffic signs up for the old new ross road where this bridge leads on to???

More reports all over facebook last night of cars having being damaged both by having concrete blocks dropped on them and by driving over blocks already on the road. Also a report that one of the cars hit and badly damaged had to be left there and caught fire!

The Gardai attended and supposedly told the drivers of the damaged vehicles that the blocks probably fell from the back of a lorry..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What would cause blocks to fall off a lorry in the immediate vicinity of a bridge, but not anywhere else?

looksee wrote: »
    What would cause blocks to fall off a lorry in the immediate vicinity of a bridge, but not anywhere else?

And more to the point fall off every night in the same location for 6 years :rolleyes:

The Garda dont seem interested, another woman rang them to report concrete blocks on the road a few months ago early one morning while she was traveling to work and they told her that the blocks probably blew out of the ditch with the wind!

Its laughable at this point if it wasnt for all the damage being caused..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That's a pathetic explaination from the Gardaí. Someone will be killed there at some stage and they're doing absolutely nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

DSC01547_zpstkljzm6z.jpg

• Advertisement

DSC01660_zpslm2deb8w.jpg

DSC01656_zps8tlunvhd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

DSC01660_zpslm2deb8w.jpg

DSC01656_zps8tlunvhd.jpg

I love it "her son - 1am in the morning" - hmmm, funny how "her son" hasn't made a comment and also she wasn't in the car.

I reckon someone's telling porkies, but of course no mother's son would ever tell their mother a porky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Walter2016 wrote: »
    I love it "her son - 1am in the morning"

So? Have you never driven at 1am? It isn't all adolescent morons.

I have driven under this bridge lots of times between 12-2am over the last year and noticed nothing , and it was normally weekdays , which is when this seemed to be happening according to facebook posts .

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

something has to be going on here, why would they hve raised the fencing on the bridge years ago and lately cut back the tree's and go to all the expense if nothing was going on??? although i travel this road twice a day first would during the night and returning to waterford by lunch time mon to fri and have never came across debris in the road, unless who ever is doing it is retrieving the objects

Advertisement