Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pump engaging every few seconds [VIDEO]

Options
  • 29-06-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello Guys!

I live in a fairly modern apartment block - my apartment has it's own hot water tank and a pump. Since yesterday the pump started engaging every few seconds for few seconds like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=8b28Ga8qwF0

There are no water leaks that are apparent anywhere, when this happens no water is being used in the apartment. When the water is being used, it all works normal - no issues with pressure, pump engages for longer at once.

PUMP: monsoon universal 3.0 bar twin

stuart-turner.co.uk/products/monsoon/u30-bar-twin/

Any idea?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 r3pr3z3nt

OK, I got to the two inlet filters - these were clean, but cleaned them anyway. Then I got to the pressure vessel/cylinder on top [with schraeder valve] and pressurized it co ca. 1 Bar [0.9 by spec]. What is this thing responsible for?

Now the pump only engages once every 30s to a minute. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

SOmetimes the pressure sensors on these stick a bit - the solution is to rub a magnet near the outlet ports to try jiggle the pressure switches back into alignment...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 r3pr3z3nt

Added 0.2 bar pressure to the cylinder, all went back to normal. Problem solved! :)

Advertisement