Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W10 to Speakers with Bluetooth Transmitter

Options
  • 29-06-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for a way to play audio from my laptop in one room, on speakers in another. I tried this bluetooth transmitter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YCWEBSY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but it seems to have a problem that it can't be charged/powered from mains and in use at the same time :mad: I also had great trouble pairing it with W10 and it seems I need to "remove device" and pair it again every time I want to use it, so completely inconvenient.

I'm looking for something that I can keep constantly plugged in, as my speakers are, that will be constantly paired every time my laptop is on and I can just switch between my laptop speakers and the other speakers from the laptop itself.

Would also be great if it could easily switch between my laptop and my phone.

Any feedback would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

cormie wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I'm looking for a way to play audio from my laptop in one room, on speakers in another. I tried this bluetooth transmitter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00YCWEBSY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but it seems to have a problem that it can't be charged/powered from mains and in use at the same time :mad: I also had great trouble pairing it with W10 and it seems I need to "remove device" and pair it again every time I want to use it, so completely inconvenient.

I'm looking for something that I can keep constantly plugged in, as my speakers are, that will be constantly paired every time my laptop is on and I can just switch between my laptop speakers and the other speakers from the laptop itself.

Would also be great if it could easily switch between my laptop and my phone.

Any feedback would be great :)

Do you have wifi? Would something like this do?

https://www.google.ie/chromecast/speakers/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, never heard of that but it looks interesting. I have wifi indeed, but I'm fearing what I suspect what might be the case with this device, is it only for supported services like spotify etc or can it transit ALL audio from a laptop, so windows sounds, music, video, youtube and pretty much everything I'd hear from the laptop speakers, or is it only for streaming music from music services and not from your hard drive through winamp etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion, never heard of that but it looks interesting. I have wifi indeed, but I'm fearing what I suspect what might be the case with this device, is it only for supported services like spotify etc or can it transit ALL audio from a laptop, so windows sounds, music, video, youtube and pretty much everything I'd hear from the laptop speakers, or is it only for streaming music from music services and not from your hard drive through winamp etc?

Im not sure to be honest, have a look through the reviews though, it is likely it will be mentioned

Thanks a lot, I asked the question on the google product forums and on a few similar device listings on amazon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, does your laptop not have built-in Bluetooth? I thought it was pretty standard these days.

• Advertisement

It does, communicating with the speakers in the other room is the problem, they don't have bluetooth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have you looked at soundbars. They nearly all have bluetooth these days

Thanks for the suggestion but I wouldn't be interested in changing my speakers, they are nice ones, just haven't got the latest tech ;)

Advertisement