Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of Transferring a site

• 29-06-2016 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My boyfriend and I have just got planning permission on a site.The planning is in both our names and we were told the mortgage needed to be too that's been processed at the moment. We need to get the site transferred over to us which is fine we both have our own solicitors, but can anyone tell me what tax we are liable to pay. We haven't had the site valued yet but it's roughly valued at 40k. The site is under half an acre. We are not married so what taxes etc would we be paying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

First up, the title is misleading if the question is about tax on transfer of an assets, you might amend it.
    There will be legal fees and stamp duty and possibly CAT so what is the question about in terms of costs?
    Second up, from whom is the site being transferred as it is the relationship between the transferor and transferee that matters for CAT
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/cat/thresholds.html

I assume you had a letter from someone to say you could apply for the planning on something you didn't own

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 amrt

The site belongs to my father and yes we had a letter from him when we applied for planning. I am aware of all the legal fees and stamp duty so it's just the tax I am interested in. As myself and my boyfriend are not married I am just wondering what tax we are liable to pay if the site is valued at approx €40k?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Stop, please - one thread is enough

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ELBAOS

As far as I am aware you can recieve over 200,000 tax free from parents but boyfriend can only recieve 15,000 so if site is 40000 his share is 20000 so he would have to pay 33% on 5000. That is my understanding anyway but ask solicitor.

Advertisement