Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone price increases

Options
  • 29-06-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Just got an email from Vodafone saying my bill will be going up from 35 to 40 a month for broadband.

I presume most people will be getting a similiar increase. The good news is that we can cancel our contracts! Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to move?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Where's the bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's nowhere to go really. Vodafone are increasing it as openeir are increasing the wholesale rate. You won't get anything for a regular price of less than €40

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

snubbleste wrote: »
    Where's the bargain?
    You get out of your contract early...

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

No email :( mind posting a copy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Rockin wrote: »
    No email :( mind posting a copy ?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057615308

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Paying 38 euro for broadband only with Vodafone. They keep phoning me to lock me into another contract for no additional benefits.

Can't see anyone offering prices cheaper than 40 euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

I have Vodafone Home Essentials and I spoke to a rep a few minutes ago who said that my package was not included in the list of those slated for a price rise, so I don't get to get out of my contract early. I'm pissed off because Vodafone lied to me in the beginning by telling me they could accommodate my need for a VPN and VOIP connection to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

I'm the same - 38 per month.

Vodafone Fixed Broadband Modem (Fibre).

Out of contract since march last year - they calling me every couple of days to renew with new contract for 2 euro more but no luck so far.
    I asked if I get new modem - nope.
    I asked if I will have stable connection - nope.
    They told me that my speed will be up 100Mb - it is now like that (55 Mb as my landline can't coop with more that that).

So still on 38 euros per moth.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'm the same - 38 per month.

Vodafone Fixed Broadband Modem (Fibre).

Out of contract since march last year - they calling me every couple of days to renew with new contract for 2 euro more but no luck so far.
    I asked if I get new modem - nope.
    I asked if I will have stable connection - nope.
    They told me that my speed will be up 100Mb - it is now like that (55 Mb as my landline can't coop with more that that).

So still on 38 euros per moth.

Tom

Hi all,
    Is there a monthly cap with this service?

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Is there a monthly cap with this service?

Thanks,
    M

Unlimited.
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm on VF Fibre Unlimited, €38 a month.I extended my contract with them and it's set at €38 a month.I never had a problem plus I can move if they decide to up my price as I stated that I expect to pay only €38 a month for the duration of it and no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Vodafone are increasing their prices for their PAYG customers too. They're reducing their 'month' from the standard 30 days to 28 days.

So there will now be 13 months in a Vodafone year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

I am currently on 35 euro a month and coming to the end of my 18 month contract. I got an email today notifying me of the increase to 40 euro month. I am sure they are entitled to do so seeing as my contract is up .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

38 was price last year for base product. Pure are 44 for same thing so to be fair on VF, its still best price for the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

TheDriver wrote: »
    38 was price last year for base product. Pure are 44 for same thing so to be fair on VF, its still best price for the product.

But Pures inclusive minutes are better(for me anyway) . And their out of bundle charges are cheaper especially calls to USA which I make.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Even at €40 Vodafone are the cheapest option for broadband only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

toby2111 wrote: »
    But Pures inclusive minutes are better(for me anyway) . And their out of bundle charges are cheaper especially calls to USA which I make.
    Their current bb only is now 44

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Bargain alerts to Consumer issues

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pretty sure it went from 35 to 38 for some customers about a year ago,

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

I got this notification recently too, for my 'Vodafone At Home Talk Anytime + Unlimited Broadband" package, which was costing me €61/month, and if I did nothing they would have switched me to Home essentials @€;47.50 for 6 months and €52.50 thereafter (so it was a price decrease for me)

However, as I was out of contract anyways, I figured it couldn't hurt to ring up and speak nicely to the customer service agent, who agreed I could be considered a new customer, meaning I got the Home Unlimited plan for €40/6 months and €55 thereafter (it appears as a €90 credit on my next bill) *and* I got a voucher for 6 months Netflix worth €60.

It never hurts to ask, and in fairness, I can't fault their service.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Pretty sure it went from 35 to 38 for some customers about a year ago,

Yeah I was one of those customers. No idea what the increase was for. I'm raging because I had a €10 discount for mobile so was only paying €28 but now that's ceasing from August.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

€10 discount for mobile? I was paying €30 for simply broadband when I had my mobile with them, then it was 35 without having mobile with them, now it's going up to €40. I would have thought broadband would be a technology that would become cheaper over time, not more expensive. It's just getting faster, but to be honest, even 50mb is grand for most people.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The price increase is due to OpenEir increasing their wholesale prices that Vodafone, Eir etc all pay, (OpenEir is the wholesale arm of Eir)

You can move to another provider, but if they haven't already done so they'll also be increasing their prices too to ensure this price increase by OpenEir is covered.

Cabaal wrote: »
    The price increase is due to OpenEir increasing their wholesale prices that Vodafone, Eir etc all pay, (OpenEir is the wholesale arm of Eir)

You can move to another provider, but if they haven't already done so they'll also be increasing their prices too to ensure this price increase by OpenEir is covered.
    Everyone is missing that or just ignoring the fact and going on a rant about big bad Vodafone.

On the discount, when I signed up for broadband they had an offer of €10 discount if you had a mobile on a red plan.

Hi guys,
    I would be interested in BB only, no need for phone calls of any description. If I was to sign up in the next while is it €40 a month? Someone here said there was no cap but what sort of speeds can I expect? I can see Simply Broadband - Unlimited fibre broadband on the Vodafone site but can't see any specific details as to the finer details.

Thanks,
    M

Speeds depend on the distance you are from the cab or exchange or if you're lucky enough to have proper fibre, how deep your pockets are.
    http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/
    Put your number in there and see what speed is available to you.

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Speeds depend on the distance you are from the cab or exchange or if you're lucky enough to have proper fibre, how deep your pockets are.
    http://business.digiweb.ie/linechecker/
    Put your number in there and see what speed is available to you.

I've no phone number at the moment but my apartment is wired for a phone (Eircom wiring). I assume if I went with a Vodafone BB package the router is wired into the phone socket which is not in the best location in relation to my TV and home entertainment setup etc.

Thanks,
    Mark

Advertisement