Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone price increases

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It is. You can run extensions on normal DSL but really need to move the socket for vdsl ("fibre")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'm also on the €38 per month plan which was originally €35, this price is not listed as one which is increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I'm also on the €38 per month plan which was originally €35, this price is not listed as one which is increasing.

Don't worry you will get it soon. I got a text yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

My friend was on live chat to VF on their site and the rep said that on Nov 1st, simply BB price is going from €40 to €45??? Another price increase so soon, or were they just trying to push them to sign up soon I wonder?

Is nobody else concerned with the above? :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I was on the €38 plan. Got the email. Rang them as I was near end of contract. Re-signed for 18 months for €40 and confirmed it was €40 for the duration of contract. No mention of going to €45.

If they do try to up it to €45 I'll be changing provider as a matter of principal, but I don't see it happening so soon. They will have gotten many people locked into new contracts and a price change would allow them to switch to a new provider.

They've been ringing me relentlessly to try and get me to extend my contract, I tell them why would I do that and they say to make sure if there's a price increase, that I stay paying €40 a month for 18 months, I told them I'd rather be out of contract as it's more likely prices will drop than increase with more competition to the market and told them I don't think it's nice for them to be advising people to extend their contract for an unlikely situation that will tie them into a price for 18 months and should a better deal come along from another provider, they won't be able to switch and save.

If a price increase IS actually coming AGAIN, maybe they were just being nice and trying to warn me :pac:

I think the €38 plan was the price of the same €35 plan if you didn't have a mobile deal with VF too or something?

Is it Simply Broadband you have too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

well I signed to a new 18 month contract only this month. I can't see BB prices dropping even if more competition comes along. Eir are charging the other companies line rental. So €40 isn't too bad for 100mb Down / 20 Up of which I get close enough actual speed so worth it for me. Just because I am locked into a new contract, doesn't mean I can't jump ship if they try to increase the price.

Sky will offer the same broadband with same speeds for €45 but only tied into a 12 month contract. They don't allow port forwarding on their hubs or at least they didn't a few years ago. When I was with them before, the service was the same as it is with VF now. I'm only with VF for the price so if they up it to 45 I'll switch out of principle even tho it will cost me the same with Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

is this just residential customers, or small business too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1983211

I had call while ago that if I sign up to new contract I get guaranteed broadband for 35 euro. Few weeks later got letter that it's going to 40. Rang them and I said since its going up, there is no benefit for me to be in contract and I want to cancel contract (but continue being customer) and they said if I sign up to new 12 month contract I get it for 35 euro. Ive been paying that ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cormie wrote: »
    They've been ringing me relentlessly to try and get me to extend my contract, I tell them why would I do that and they say to make sure if there's a price increase, that I stay paying €40 a month for 18 months, I told them I'd rather be out of contract as it's more likely prices will drop than increase with more competition to the market and told them I don't think it's nice for them to be advising people to extend their contract for an unlikely situation that will tie them into a price for 18 months and should a better deal come along from another provider, they won't be able to switch and save.

If a price increase IS actually coming AGAIN, maybe they were just being nice and trying to warn me :pac:

I think the €38 plan was the price of the same €35 plan if you didn't have a mobile deal with VF too or something?

Is it Simply Broadband you have too?

No hope of prices going down for at least 3yrs. OpenEir can't afford it and retail ISP margins are too low. Might shave 2E by moving all staff to Mumbai but that's it.

Wow, you reckon? I would have thought this kinda tech would always be reducing in price, not increasing.

For most internet users, speeds of 70mb are probably more than enough? Watch youtube/netflix without buffer issues and a bit of browsing, audio streaming, facebook, email etc.

Maybe there'll be a divide between those just happy to use their mobile for all internet and the prices there are always decreasing and should especially come mid 2017 when the EU wide no roaming thing comes in, but to see fixed bb prices increase is unexpected :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Just got my new bill. Im out of contract but just got stung for 45 instead if 38. Is it legal for them to just increase bill without any notification? I checked my e-mail for anything from them and the only thing i have is bills...

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

I got a cold call a few days ago to say that they were increasing the 'deals' on prepay to €65 per month! I normally pay €20 and have done for the guts of 15 years. Already in the stages of switching to three. Their pre-pay plans are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭AngryLips

MFlack2012 wrote: »
    I got a cold call a few days ago to say that they were increasing the 'deals' on prepay to €65 per month! I normally pay €20 and have done for the guts of 15 years. Already in the stages of switching to three. Their pre-pay plans are excellent.

There are no Vodafone prepay offers for €65 a month

AngryLips wrote: »
    There are no Vodafone prepay offers for €65 a month

Apparently there are or will be in the next few weeks. Ridiculous 😑. As if people are willing to pay that, if they're paying €20 previous.

Apparently there are or will be in the next few weeks. Ridiculous 😑. As if people are willing to pay that, if they're paying €20 previous.

What does the offer consist of?

What does the offer consist of?

Free calls, texts and data, not sure in what degree as I was too busy telling the Vodafone rep where to get off. It then went to a €45 deal, then a €40 deal and an 'oh okay bye' when I told him I was only willing to pay €20 as previous or I would be switching network.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Guy working for 3 told me all networks will be bumping prices up big time in new year due to loss of revenue from roaming.

• Advertisement

Free calls, texts and data, not sure in what degree as I was too busy telling the Vodafone rep where to get off. It then went to a €45 deal, then a €40 deal and an 'oh okay bye' when I told him I was only willing to pay €20 as previous or I would be switching network.

So you were called about a €65 a month prepay deal but you don't actually know what the offer was? OK, I call BS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So you were called about a €65 a month prepay deal but you don't actually know what the offer was? OK, I call BS

Ah hold on! If you didn't want any €65 package why on earth would you ask for, or listen to, the details of the package?

Nope, I was called about joining bill pay, which I refused to listen to, then asked about the €65 deal, then other deals, that I also refused to listen to. Don't dare call me a liar, you don't know me. I am simply advising on what I was told and am entitled to my opinion. Just like you are. You don't have to be rude and arrogant, nobody is forcing you to read my posts.

Ah hold on! If you didn't want any €65 package why on earth would you ask for, or listen to, the details of the package?

Exactly. Why on earth would anyone? Anyways back to the topic at hand. I actually was speaking to someone in three and got a great prepay package for my current Vodafone offer along with lots of extras that Vodafone simply don't offer. I don't doubt these will probably also go up in a few months as a previous user has been informed. Am in the process now of switching as I am in no way going to pay €65 or even the €35 per month lowest offer. However I'm awaiting a code from Vodafone in order to be able to switch and have been told this can take up to ten days. Absolute joke.

Nope, I was called about joining bill pay,

If you were offered a 65 euro package as part of a deal on billpay then that would make more sense. But your original post suggests that they are increasing their prepay prices to 65 a month which just sounds like ridiculous BS

If you were offered a 65 euro package as part of a deal on billpay then that would make more sense. But your original post suggests that they are increasing their prepay prices to 65 a month which just sounds like ridiculous BS

I'm not on bill pay and wasn't offered a €65 bill pay deal. I was asked to switch to bill pay. When refused, I was then informed of the new €65 prepay plan. You're right, it is ridiculous BS, that hopefully no-one will bother opting in to. As informed by a Vodafone rep, they are increasing their prepay plans. I don't work in Vodafone nor have any other contact with them daily and am informing other users what I was TOLD by a Vodafone rep, that cold called me. I am allowed to do that. And would like to do so without being called a liar or belittled. Keep that for someone who'll tolerate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tone down the accusations of "BS" there. Unless you have solid information to the contrary.

Advertisement