Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find my account number!!!

Options
  • 29-06-2016 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I set up a student account with Bank of Ireland about a week ago and was trying to set up online banking when I realised I don't know my account number! I haven't received any statements yet and I tried to call their helpline thing to no avail as any options I tried needed an account number...what should I do? I'm not sure where to find it and I don't remember being given one when I set up my account...(also I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong category as I'm new to the site...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,578 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Call in to the branch where you set it up with photo ID to confirm your identity and they should be able to give it to you. You usually need additional registration number to setup online banking, this will likely be sent to your home address.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to the Talk to... Bank of Ireland forum where BOI staff and fellow customers can advise 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

jadesylph wrote: »
    I set up a student account with Bank of Ireland about a week ago and was trying to set up online banking when I realised I don't know my account number! I haven't received any statements yet and I tried to call their helpline thing to no avail as any options I tried needed an account number...what should I do? I'm not sure where to find it and I don't remember being given one when I set up my account...(also I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong category as I'm new to the site...)
    Good Morning jadesylph, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. Have you received any letters or emails from us confirming account opening, The account number should be on one of those forms of communication. Can you let us know and I can arrange an alternative if not. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jadesylph

Good Morning jadesylph, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie. Have you received any letters or emails from us confirming account opening, The account number should be on one of those forms of communication. Can you let us know and I can arrange an alternative if not. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

i have it sorted now, I just got a statement from the bank this morning with my number on it! Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

jadesylph wrote: »
    Good Morning jadesylph, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

i have it sorted now, I just got a statement from the bank this morning with my number on it! Thank you!
    Good Morning jadesylph, 

Glad to hear you got sorted! Please let us know if we can help with anything here. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement