If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic 50DX750 or 50DX802B?

Options
  • 29-06-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

Hello, 

I was onto ye here a few months back in regards
     to Panasonic's 2016 range. 

I'm ready to take to plunge and take advantage of the sterling! 

Which one would you recommend, the 750 or 802B? 

I'm more inclined to the 802B as it has 4X2.0 HDMI. 

Can you also confirm that it outputs surround through the optical port as I have a SONOS Playbar. 

Whats the best price can you do? 

thanks and regards
    Damian

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

damo86 wrote: »
    Hello, 

Can you also confirm that it outputs surround through the optical port as I have a SONOS Playbar. 

thanks and regards
    Damian
    Hi Damo, thanks for the post

The main differences on the 2 models are

802 has a higher refresh rate
    802 has 4 * HDMI2.0
    802 is a freesat model which the 750 isn't

The price on that at €1999/£1499 would be the best I can offer on that one at the minute

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Hello, 

thanks and regards
    Damian

802 has 4 * HDMI2.0

The price on that at €1999/£1499 would be the best I can offer on that one at the minute

Regards
    Brian
    Perfect 802B it is then!...will I just order from the website then or through you?

regards
    Damian

Hello, 

thanks and regards
    Damian

802 has 4 * HDMI2.0

Regards
    Brian
    Perfect 802B it is then!...will I just order from the website then or through you?

regards
    Damian
    To get the pricing, you would need to order by phone, as the website is just on the standard pricing.
    You can give me a call on 0044333 900 0070 or drop me a pm with your contact number and I can call you

Regards
    Brian

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hello, 

thanks and regards
    Damian

802 has 4 * HDMI2.0

Regards
    Brian

regards
    Damian
    Hey Damian.

Sorry to but in and you have made the correct choice with the 802.

The above are not the only differences.

The 802 screen is THX certified and also boosts a 2.1 sound system attached.
    It sits below like a soundbar and give a far superior sound over the 750 range.
    With using the Playbar this can be removed.

[font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]THX certified[/font]
    [font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The final seal of approval for picture quality comes from cinema experts THX. THX was founded by legendary film maker George Lucas, with the aim of improving cinematic experience. TVs have to pass 400 lab tests within 30 categories to receive THX certification - something that very few TVs manage to do. Except the TX-58DX802B.[/font]

[font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VR Audio Master 2.1 Surround[/font]
    [font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although still not a match for a separate home cinema system, the sound quality on the TX58DX802B is excellent by TV standards. With a 2.1 sound system, it uses a 12-train Prismatic speaker system plus quad passive radiators to provide a fuller and richer sound. Added to this, VR-Audio Master Surround 2.1 creates a spacious and 'open' sound quality.[/font]

We run the 55DX802 in our Demo room and it is fantastic.

Give Brian a shout and he will look after you :D

Hello, 

thanks and regards
    Damian

802 has 4 * HDMI2.0

Regards
    Brian

regards
    Damian
    Hey Damian.

[font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The final seal of approval for picture quality comes from cinema experts THX. THX was founded by legendary film maker George Lucas, with the aim of improving cinematic experience. TVs have to pass 400 lab tests within 30 categories to receive THX certification - something that very few TVs manage to do. Except the TX-58DX802B.[/font]

[font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]VR Audio Master 2.1 Surround[/font]
    [font=MuseoSans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Although still not a match for a separate home cinema system, the sound quality on the TX58DX802B is excellent by TV standards. With a 2.1 sound system, it uses a 12-train Prismatic speaker system plus quad passive radiators to provide a fuller and richer sound. Added to this, VR-Audio Master Surround 2.1 creates a spacious and 'open' sound quality.[/font]

Spot on, many thanks for the info Kenny. SOLD ha! 

Brian, Ill give you bell in the morning. I will need a pair of sonos play 1's as well. 

regards
    Damian

• Advertisement

Hello, 

thanks and regards
    Damian

802 has 4 * HDMI2.0

Regards
    Brian

regards
    Damian
    Hey Damian.

Spot on, many thanks for the info Kenny. SOLD ha! 

Brian, Ill give you bell in the morning. I will need a pair of sonos play 1's as well. 

regards
    Damian
    Cheers Damo

Just to say thanks to all for getting me sorted. First time dealing with Richersounds and won't be the last!

Look forward to the TV, first new TV in 7 yrs! 

Just to say thanks to all for getting me sorted. First time dealing with Richersounds and won't be the last!

Look forward to the TV, first new TV in 7 yrs! 
    Cheers Damo,

It has shipped from our warehouse this afternoon, so should be out with you on Monday
    You won't be disappointed :)

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi folks 

I'm doing a bit of Research at the moment into a new TV. 

I noticed you have a Panasonic Viera TX50DX750B for sale at €1469. 

There is a 58" Viera TX58DX700B on at €1369. Besides screen size is there much difference between these two TVs?

I currently have a 6 year old 42" Philips ambilight and I still enjoy the ambilight function, don't know why it never really took off. 

Would LG be a better option than Panasonic these days? 

Regards,
    Who ru

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi folks 

I'm doing a bit of Research at the moment into a new TV. 

I noticed you have a Panasonic Viera TX50DX750B for sale at €1469. 

There is a 58" Viera TX58DX700B on at €1369. Besides screen size is there much difference between these two TVs?

I currently have a 6 year old 42" Philips ambilight and I still enjoy the ambilight function, don't know why it never really took off. 

Would LG be a better option than Panasonic these days? 

Regards,
    Who ru
    HI Who ru,

Comparing the 2 models, the main differences between the 700 and 750, would be a slightly higher refresh rate, and 3d included on the 750

With regards to the LG/Panasonic, to be honest at this level, I personally prefer the Panasonics, though once you go on up to the OLED level, the LG really are absolutely stunning!

They are both widely available from stock from our UK warehouse on a 3-5 day service
    Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Hi lads,

Following up on the Panasonic query. (TX50DX750B)

Can you confirm that the TV's stand is adjustable? My TV stand is 40" wide so I would need to be able to adjust the stand so it doesn't overhang.

Just wondering what you can do on the price and delivery charge. The sterling price seems to be the way to go. At this price is there a better alternative I should consider?

I was looking at other TV's on your website but a lot seem to be 55" and up and that's simply too large for my living room.

Are the 'feet' on the DX700B adjustable? I would also consider this set as its more keenly priced.

Thanks. 

who_ru wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Following up on the Panasonic query. (TX50DX750B)

Can you confirm that the TV's stand is adjustable? My TV stand is 40" wide so I would need to be able to adjust the stand so it doesn't overhang.

Just wondering what you can do on the price and delivery charge. The sterling price seems to be the way to go. At this price is there a better alternative I should consider?

I was looking at other TV's on your website but a lot seem to be 55" and up and that's simply too large for my living room.

Are the 'feet' on the DX700B adjustable? I would also consider this set as its more keenly priced.

Thanks. 
    HI Who_ru

Yep the stand is adjustable on the 50" and 58" models - have a look at the video here -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYSfy9S7RO4 to show you options

With regards to the pricing, there's very little I can do on that one, as the margins are very tight, but as a boardie, I'll do it at £1089 including shipping and 6 year warranty

The 700 has a different design, and is switchable, but only in 2 positions, one of which needs 60cm width, the other 130cm

Regards
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.